The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

...The reason why some fans were annoyed was that a cap crunch team like Tampa had 0 leverage in making a deal so very likely a 1st wasn't needed...

That is, was, and always will be complete nonsense. I realize that it seems to you that negotiating would be very easy, if you just had the opportunity to try.

But if you ever actually try to negotiate something, you will find this: When you are on the wrong end of a bidding war, competing with a dozen other buyers to purchase a very desirable, valuable commodity, you will not be able to steal the commodity for a low price, regardless of how motivated or desperate the seller is.

You could try of course. But only a simpleton would actually expect to have all the other buyers sit around also making nothing but stupidly low offers to allow you to steal the asset.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

No he didn't. You just missed something and posted out of ignorance.

This is what Doughty said after their last loss to the Canucks, "“A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 8-2,” Doughty, who has a history of hating the Canucks, told reporters after the game. “There’s absolutely no way.”"

I said this:
"Apparently Drew Doughty traversed a time warp."

Because LA has sucked for years and Doughty seems to believe that the Kings still are what they were.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:28 PM, WeneedLumme said:

Green does seem to be getting the best from the team now. I think part of it is he gives everybody opportunities. I just noticed that every single skater got some powerplay time this game; I've never seen that before. And not just a few seconds: Ferland got 20 seconds on the PP, Tanev got 30, and every other skater got over 50 seconds PP time. The guys must like that.

Good catch. 

Green would be be a good dog trainer. Do what I want you get rewarded. Don’t do what I want you’re in the dog house.