The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Detroit Red Wings at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 15, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The best part about it is how he had Myers flat on his back and still ended up getting a big old fashioned right arm too the chin.   Myers gave him the glove at that point (while on his back) and he lost the better position (ouch!)...then Myers got up and just Plowed him.   Between this and shoving Gio he’s quickly becoming my new favourite player.

The D is much bigger and tougher than recent previous years. Myers, Edler and Benn can all do damage, then possibly add Tryamkin later in the year. Oh, and then in a year or two, we can add Woo :)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Terrific performance by the boys last night. After allowing the first goal, they took control and never looked back. Green must've fed them some nachos after the 1st intermission since they just dominated. We were good both offensively and defensively. Jake is starting to find his game while Edler, Stecher are chipping in. Demko was solid last night in his 1st start. Petey and Miller were good as well. Good team performance. Hope the boys keep it up! GCG!

Green does seem to be getting the best from the team now. I think part of it is he gives everybody opportunities. I just noticed that every single skater got some powerplay time this game; I've never seen that before. And not just a few seconds: Ferland got 20 seconds on the PP, Tanev got 30, and every other skater got over 50 seconds PP time. The guys must like that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Canckelhead said:

Anyone missing Ericksson? 

No, but I am missing Baertschi. Horvat has been pretty cold since the start of the season, and pairing him with someone that he has chemistry with could go a long ways towards getting him going again. Pearson can play both wings, so they could make up a pretty nice 2nd line. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

When asked by reporters about tonight's loss:

"Just embarrassing," Red Wings defenseman Alex Biega said. "A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 5-1, there's absolutely no way.”

Now, I really like Biega, but that’s a funny thing to say for a guy who is playing for a team that he could make against a team he couldn’t make and that cut him. In addition, we are actually above them in the standings, riding a three game win streak, our for and against is plus 7 and theirs is minus 4. For all of their vaunted offence, we have outscored them with a game in hand and defensively they have given up 21 goals and we have only given up 11. For a defender, Biega should understand that quality of defence has a lot to do with quality of team - see the Stanley Cup winners for details.

2 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

"Just embarrassing," Red Wings defenseman Alex Biega said. "A team like that should not be beating a team like ours 5-1, there's absolutely no way.”

Now, I really like Biega, but that’s a funny thing to say for a guy who is playing for a team that he could make against a team he couldn’t make and that cut him. In addition, we are actually above them in the standings, riding a three game win streak, our for and against is plus 7 and theirs is minus 4. For all of their vaunted offence, we have outscored them with a game in hand and defensively they have given up 21 goals and we have only given up 11. For a defender, Biega should understand that quality of defence has a lot to do with quality of team - see the Stanley Cup winners for details.

Sarcasm never works on the internet, does it?  Peeps should know that you have to put a winky face or something :lol:

On another note, I've heard it said that 'sarcasm is the lowest form of humour' and in the majority of cases, I would have to agree (no winky face).

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

It's in reference/follow up to Drew Doughty's comments made about our team.  I actually love that he threw it out there, likely to emphasize what a dumb statement it was.  Love Biega.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Needed those 3 wins to get the season back on track 

solid all round effort 

loved the physical play 

Wings have a lot of bit$&@ on their team 

The season was never off track.  

Great game with a steadily improving team.  They don't even know how good they can be yet.  

• Upvote 1