The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks assign Adam Gaudette to Comets

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I think they just didnt want to change a winning lineup and being that way they needed to get him some playing time down in Utica. I think many are reading too much into this. AG will play in Vancouver at some point this season and he may stay there the rest of the year. JB needs to find the space for him by moving a player. Sutter would be the best option but we all know hes a foundational player. I haven't been impressed with number 20 this season so far.

6 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Is this fact or opinion? 

Opinion.  I remember hearing about the Flames having part ownership of the Hitmen, and there was a conflict of interests.  I don’t believe any NHL executive would ever intentionally hurt a young player’s career.  The Canuck’s owner was trying to sell tickets.  IMO that’s why we drafted Jake, and why he played so young.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Interesting.  Who were the sources? 

The Hockey News reported it back in the day it was discussed on the hockey night panel, local media, it was widely reported and discussed on here. 

Was it the right move? We'll never really know, maybe he regresses going back to Jr maybe he doesn't, they didn't feel comfortable sending him there so they didn't. No point harping over it 3-4 tears later. 

8 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

More fact than opinion because that is what the team believed and then didn't send him back. Plus numerous sources then reported the Canucks felt that way. So yes, fact.  

Whoa hoa, that is not how facts are made. I remember that theory from back in the day and I always just thought it was spin .

It migth be spin and it might be fact, but reporters reporting that the Canucks "think or thought" it does not make it fact.

1 hour ago, lmm said:

Whoa hoa, that is not how facts are made. I remember that theory from back in the day and I always just thought it was spin .

It migth be spin and it might be fact, but reporters reporting that the Canucks "think or thought" it does not make it fact.

I said it is more fact than opinion there's enough smoke for there to be fire.

9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

I said it is more fact than opinion there's enough smoke for there to be fire.

sure, smoke from the fire the Canucks started to rationalize playing 2 young players that were both over their heads in year 1.

in retrospect jake was not getting better coaching playing under Willie D