The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What is your favorite Canucks game of the last decade? (2010-2020)

Rate this topic

Laheys Liquor

#1 Game 4 of the San Jose series in 2011. Luongo incredible in that game. Power plays kept going to the Sharks and he kept it even until we got going. Salo was awesome in the game. Wish we had a blast like that from the point right now. Henrik with 4 assists. Felt so good to get the win despite the way the refs kept giving the Sharks opportunities

#2 Game 2 of the Boston series. The OT winner from Burrows still sends shivers up my spine. I really though we were going to win the cup that night. 41 years into my Canuck Fandom , I went to sleep dreaming of the cup like a 10 yr old.

# 3 game 7 against Chicago in 2011. What a battle. The truly did slay the dragon. It wasn't easy, had the 1-0 lead until late in the game. Burrows with the winner. The city just exploded. Never should have been in a game 7 but they just couldn't get their foot on the throat of the Hawks.

#4 Henrik and Daniels Last game was a beauty. Fun game to watch. Danny with the OT winner from Henrik. Tears all around. Class acts like them dont come around very often.

# 5 Pettersons first game against the Flames. First shift first shot in the NHL he scores a beauty of a goal! This gave us all hope that better days were ahead. The kid is going to get even better as he adapts better to the NHL. the longer season, and now he has some pieces around him to work with.

Outside the last Decade games.. 4 OT game against the stars in 07, Bures' winner in game 7 in Calgary after two other OT games in 1994, Game 5 against the leafs in 94, game 1 and 6 against the Rangers in 94, Bures first game, Nills winner against the Hawks in 82. So many to choose from. Harold scoring the winner against the Habs. Sundstroms 7 point game in Pittsburgh. Bures elbow to Churla's head. Smyls winner against the flyers in 79. Beating the Habs in 75 in game 1.I may have to add a few but there have been a few beauty's

Edited by mikeyman109
  • Like 1

I am going to be that jerk and I sincerely apologize. My date is slightly outside the window.

Chicago vs Vancouver, April 30th, 2009.

Spring was in the air and the blossoms were out. April 30th - the last day of tax season. To celebrate we went to the bar, then the game, then back to the bar. 

I don't like drinking at the game because I don't need the distraction, this was the exception.

Sami Salo scored late in the third period and I still believe he is the dman our back end needs today.

We were so happy. 

That was a 2 day hang over.

• Like 1