The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN-OTT

Sundin

Last year, Tampa Bay sent Ryan Callahan and a 5th Rd pick for Mike Condon and a 6th Rd Pick.  This allowed Ottawa to reach the cap floor.

With Callahan off the books, Ottawa again needs to get to the cap floor of $60.2 million without actually spending that amount.

To OTT - Eriksson, Virtanen and a 5th Rd Pick

To VAN - 3rd Rd Pick

35 minutes ago, Sundin said:

Last year, Tampa Bay sent Ryan Callahan and a 5th Rd pick for Mike Condon and a 6th Rd Pick.  This allowed Ottawa to reach the cap floor.

With Callahan off the books, Ottawa again needs to get to the cap floor of $60.2 million without actually spending that amount.

To VAN - 3rd Rd Pick

Teams under the crunch will have to expose players for free

Ottawa will be waiting to pick up players without giving anything away is my guess,  unless it blows them away, and this won't

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BoKnows said:

If Benning pulled this trade off I'd buy him hookers for the rest of his life.

Are the hookers from East Van or Shaughnessy?   I’m just trying to figure out if you’d love Benning for making that deal or if you’d hate Benning for making that deal?  #BlissOrCrabs

2 hours ago, Sundin said:

To VAN - 3rd Rd Pick

They don’t actually NEED help getting to the cap floor.  $18 million to reach the floor and they only have 10 roster players under contract.  Callahan cost them no real money on injured reserve, so it is a little different.

Maybe Virtanen is enough sweetener since Eriksson only costs $2.5 million a year, but then again Virtanen without knowing what his arb will look like isn’t what a team right with dollars wants to deal with.

If we can swap Gaudette for Tierney plus ditch some cap as part of a deal, that would be great.

I also think we are sleeping on Detroit, they probably have a year or two of eating bad contracts to accrue future assets and might be a landing spot for one or more of our cap dumps.

Edited by Provost

29 minutes ago, DarkIndianRises said:

Are the hookers from East Van or Shaughnessy?   I’m just trying to figure out if you’d love Benning for making that deal or if you’d hate Benning for making that deal?  #BlissOrCrabs

I'd fly out premium hookers from Montreal and Vegas

• Haha 1

I would send

To OTT  Eriksson, Right to Virtanen & Lockwood  

To Van  Logan Brown & 6th rd 2020

I think this could work Logan Brown adds that size Benning likes at 6'6. 28 pts 43 pims in 25 gp last yr. 

Edited by WCE

16 hours ago, Sundin said:

To VAN - 3rd Rd Pick

One way I thought of forcing LE into mutually terminating his contract is to simply tell him to stay home.

Pay him his salary to sit on his couch at home 

Don't send him to Utica or anywhere else.

How much playing time would he be willing to miss before he starts rethinking his position?

Re-signing a guy like Leivo to fill his position should be an affordable option.

On 9/20/2020 at 12:00 AM, WCE said:

I would send

To OTT  Eriksson, Right to Virtanen & Lockwood  

To Van  Logan Brown & 6th rd 2020

I think this could work Logan Brown adds that size Benning likes at 6'6. 28 pts 43 pims in 25 gp last yr. 

Why not trade Ericksson for Gaborik and 1 million retention