The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

Oakland's O'line sucks ! The little bit of time that Russell did get from time to time, he was able to make a good pass. Too bad his guys couldn't catch the damn ball ! If the Raiders aren't going to use Russell properly, why the fu(k did they draft him 1st overall ?!?!

They had a good drive going when they were only down by 10, why thrown in a trick play when your team has shown no signs until now of moving the ball. That play was huge and any chance that Oakland had was thrown out the door right then and there.

Vince Young goes missing, Titans freak out over nothing.

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Vince Young is awaiting results of an MRI exam on his sprained left knee Tuesday, hours after the Tennessee Titans sought police help in finding the quarterback the team described as “emotionally down.”

Young’s agent said Tuesday afternoon there was no need for concern because the quarterback was at a friend’s house watching football and eating chicken wings.

“When people were worried about him, I was on the phone talking to him,” agent Major Adams said. “I didn’t know there was any confusion about where he was as if he was missing or whatever. He just said, ‘Hey, I’m over here watching the game.’ … Then I start getting all these frantic calls.”

Adams spoke while on his way to learn the test results on Young’s knee.

Young left his home around 7 p.m. Monday without a phone, prompting the Titans to call Nashville police for help. The team got a message to Young through a friend, and the quarterback met with coach Jeff Fisher and police at team headquarters around 11:30 p.m. Police spokesman Don Aaron said Young drove himself home about 30 minutes later.

The story first was reported by WKRN-TV.

“Ultimately, it appears the initial concerns about his emotional state were unfounded,” Aaron said Tuesday. “But no one actually knew that until he was spoken to face to face.”

Aaron also said Young had an unloaded handgun in the glovebox of his car. Tennessee law permits unloaded firearms in vehicles as long as no ammunition is present.

Young hurt his knee late in Sunday’s 17-10 win over Jacksonville and was booed heavily by fans.

“Given the totality of the circumstances, the fact that Young had been emotionally down all day Coach Fisher contacted the police department and asked for help in finding him to check on his emotional well-being,” Aaron said.

The Titans said people close to Young called the team Monday night, concerned about his state of mind when he left his home.

“He was located at a friend’s house, where we made contact with him. He then came to the practice facility where it was determined that those initial concerns by his friends and family were unfounded, and he returned home without incident,” the Titans said in a statement.

Young’s MRI exam was rescheduled for Tuesday from Monday with no explanation. Fisher said Monday if the injury is a third-degree MCL sprain, Young probably would miss a couple weeks and not be 100 percent for up to four weeks.

Veteran Kerry Collins is the only other quarterback on the roster, but the Titans worked out Quinn Gray on Tuesday. The team also was looking at QB Joey Harrington and a handful of receivers, including Glenn Martinez and Chad Jackson.

Jumping on the wagon? I think I'm buying a Favre Titans throwback this friday. Considering its probably the only jets jersey this side of the well anywhere but NY. I'm gonna have to settle for now. Until I order my Revis away

Not really jumping on any band wagon. I have been a huge Favre fan since day 1, so I can't hate him or the jets.

The AFC is SOO wide open now.

Any of these teams in my opinion can either win their divison or a playoff spot

Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Clevland, New York, Buffalo, Baltimore.

As well as New England, Indy, San Diego, Pittsburgh.

I personally think Pittsburgh is the team to beat right.

The AFC is SOO wide open now.

Any of these teams in my opinion can either win their divison or a playoff spot

Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Clevland, New York, Buffalo, Baltimore.

As well as New England, Indy, San Diego, Pittsburgh.

I personally think Pittsburgh is the team to beat right.

i still think the chargers are the team to beat... and not just because there my favorite team but because they have the most depth

this is how id rank the afc right now

1. chargers

2.colts

3.steelers

4. bills

5.patriots

6.jets

7.jacksonville

8.cleveland

9. titans

10. baltimore

11. denver

but the last 4 teams can be changed around with one another

Go Steelers! My bandwagon team this year! I've been doing good lately with my bandwagon hoping. Don't be surprised to see them win the Super Bowl this year since I picked them!

Yeah that's kinda arrogant but I really have done good picking teams lately.

Yeah Merriman gone is a huge loss, but they can bounce back. Jacksonvilles most likely gonna fall down in the standings early. They lost two of their O-lineman. Titans as well without Young. Dont think Simms is the answer. Clevland has a brutally hard schedule. Baltimore just plain isnt that good. I also don't think the bills will make it, they have a nack for screwing up late

Yeah Merriman gone is a huge loss, but they can bounce back. Jacksonvilles most likely gonna fall down in the standings early. They lost two of their O-lineman. Titans as well without Young. Dont think Simms is the answer. Clevland has a brutally hard schedule. Baltimore just plain isnt that good. I also don't think the bills will make it, they have a nack for screwing up late

Archived