The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL Thread

VanJets

Chargers or Rams for me here. Haven't really watched any games, but I'm not a huge football fan.

Although, I'm looking forward and hoping to god that the Chargers are going to smash the Raiders. Sept. 28 at Raiders home.

I'm a Raider Hater... so I am really, really, looking forward to the CHARGERS winning and the Raiders losing. At their home.

Felix Jones really changed the momentum of the game with his burst up the left side. I knew he was fast, but man, he blew by those safeties. 3TD's in 3 games, not a bad start to your career. Barber made some nice runs, but he was the last guy I'd expect to fumble the ball when running out the clock (he actually did it 3 times, but the other two were recovered by Cowboys).

Romo's a frustrating guy to watch sometimes, but you gotta live with the bad (INT in red zone) in order to see all the times he succeeds (TD on third down and 20). Like Joe Buck (?) said last week, just because he isn't like a Jeff Garcia that barely throws picks, he atleast throws the ball often enough in the 10+ yard range that it's ok, because at least he scores TD's and pressures the Defense the entire game unlike other QB's that don't take any chances.

TO dropped a couple easy throws, that's not a good sign. But Miles Austin finally is starting to look like a solid WR.

Owens looked like he was going to cry in the 4th quarter. The team was up by 3 scores yet he looked very upset on the sideline. I also found it funny that Romo threw on 3rd down towards the end of the 4th instead of running the clock. He threw towards Owens as well. It's almost as if Owens called the play in the huddle. I wouldn't put it past him.

Overrated my arse....

Big Ben got smacked around today, I pretty much lost count of the sack count the biggest question surrounding the Steelers o-line was answered today. Tomlin has got alot of work to do this week to tweak the line and give Big Ben the protection. Nate Washington was an idiot in the final minute for not going out of bounds when he was right by the sideline. Shouldve went for the field goal, no idea why Tomlin didnt even have the field goal team ready.

Owens looked like he was going to cry in the 4th quarter. The team was up by 3 scores yet he looked very upset on the sideline. I also found it funny that Romo threw on 3rd down towards the end of the 4th instead of running the clock. He threw towards Owens as well. It's almost as if Owens called the play in the huddle. I wouldn't put it past him.

Just because they're 3-0 doesn't mean they're the top 5.

This is my top 5.

1.) Cowboys

2.) Giants, forgot them eh?

3.) Denver

4.) Philadelphia

5 .) Tennesee (Based on standings alone, until they face a proven team with the exception of Jacksonville.)

I wouldn't throw the Bills up there just yet, Pittsburgh looked good until tonight.

Did anyone else watch the Browns-Ravens game? Was it me, or did it seem like Ed Hochuli was making extra sure he explained every single call no matter how minor or insignificant? Maybe I was just paying more attention to The Pipes than I normally do given last week's shenanigans.

In other news, Crennel says they are going to give Brady Quinn more reps in practice this week. A loss next week to Cincy, and I believe the Brady Quinn era will start on MNF against the Giants.

Did anyone else watch the Browns-Ravens game? Was it me, or did it seem like Ed Hochuli was making extra sure he explained every single call no matter how minor or insignificant? Maybe I was just paying more attention to The Pipes than I normally do given last week's shenanigans.

In other news, Crennel says they are going to give Brady Quinn more reps in practice this week. A loss next week to Cincy, and I believe the Brady Quinn era will start on MNF against the Giants.

I was just about the say that? When does the Quinn era start? I mean even if they win that game, unless D.A. has a good game I can't see them contiuning him as the starter. If im Chicago or Minny I'm jumping on this, if they can get this guy. They're set.

On another note, I'm dreading having to listen to two knuckleheads all night long. I can probably predict their entire discussion right now. "Brett Favre shoulda stayed retired."

In Jets related news, the coaches sayed theyre gonna open the playbook a little more to suit Favres still of play. God I hope they do.

Archived