The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Playstation 3 Thread

Comfortably_Numb

Portal 2 is on for $39.83 at Walmart until Thursday. Went to Bestbuy, and since it was $20 less than their listed price, got 10% of that difference too - so under $38.

Grabbed a used copy of Uncharted 2 also.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Did it kind of get the YLOD? Or did it get the YLOD? If you get it, your PS3 needs repairs.

Sony wanted to charge me $200 to repair mine.....and now a brand new PS3 is $250!!

I just got a friend who knows how to repair them for $60.

If you got the YLOD it did overheat, and in RARE cases if you turn off your PS3 and unplug it for like 30min it might work again. Very RARE though.

Well, it got it, but then I was able to reboot and play again (I wasn't sure what happened at the time), I noticed that I wasn't able to play as long before it shut down again, it did this one more time and I finally realized the yellow light this time. Unfortunately, now I can't even start it up.

I got the YLOD on the original 60gb PS3, I was heartbroken. I ended up selling it to my friend for $60. Like a year later he said he found a fix for it, I think it involves heating something that gets misplaced if your ps3 overheats. Anyways it voids your warrenty so I'd only do it if your warranty is expired

I got the YLOD on the original 60gb PS3, I was heartbroken. I ended up selling it to my friend for $60. Like a year later he said he found a fix for it, I think it involves heating something that gets misplaced if your ps3 overheats. Anyways it voids your warrenty so I'd only do it if your warranty is expired

Yep, you need repairs. I guess you already encountered the rare case when you can play after it shuts down. Usually once you see the Yellow Light....it's all over.

I've had this happen to me 3 times so I have experience. The first time I had to pay like $150, then once I got it back from Sony it broke within a week...so they did it for free obviously.

The last time happened a couple months ago and Sony wanted $200 so I said no and my buddy repaired it.

What I will say to you is, if you want all of your data on the PS3 that bad then get it repaired by somebody that's not Sony. There are tons of people on Craigslist that repair YLOD's. Or I guess if you really wanted to that I can take it for you and give it to my friend. For me, he had it for me fixed within a day and it's been running fine for over a month.

The other option would be to buy a new PS3, which is only $250 now. $50 more than Sony will charge you to repair it. I think it depends which model you have though. I'm guessing mine was so expensive to repair because it's a 60GB launch model.

Wow that sucks. No PS3 for THIS fall???

I probably don't have to remind you that you won't be able to play these until later .....

Battlefield 3

Silent Hill

Call of Duty: MW3

Assasin's Creed Revelations

Dead Island

Resistance 3

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Batman: Arkham City

Dark Souls

Uncharted 3

etc, etc, etc.

Archived