The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Cain Valasquez vs Junior Dos Santos 2:

I'm a huge fan of both of these fighters. They're both extremely humble and talented.

I'm hoping Cain will get his title back, but I won't be too disappointed if Dos Santos wins.

Just looking forward to watching a great fight between the top 2 heavyweights in the world.

I think Dos Santos needs to keep this standing to land a knockout punch like last time. If he gets taken down, then he's officially in Cain's world and he'll get roughed up for the first time. In my mind, there is absolutely no way Cain lets Dos Santos get off this time. But anything can happen and it can happen quickly.

Hate to say it, but I don't see any other way this finishes besides JDS KO'ing Cain. I'm a huge fan of Cain, met him last year, was an awesome guy, and have been a huge fan of his for years. But JDS' striking is on a different level. His speed and power always seem to be too much for any HW (maybe not Big Country, but he is a giant zombie). Cain MUST MUST MUST use his wrestling. Catch JDS' leg if he goes for a kick and take him down. Meh, what else can you say?

I'm verrrrrry excited for Belcher/Okami. Can't wait to see Belcher in top form. This guy IMO is the future MW #1 contender.

Whoa. Was I ever wrong. Cain looked great, JDS looked awful. Maybe one was a direct result of the other, I don't know.

Either way. JDS has some visible holes in his game. He needs to stop blocking punches with his face, and he needs to step up his cardio.

Great win for Cain. The revolving door of hw champs continues....

Does JDS ever have a chin wow. He's one of my favourite fighters but Cain prepared exceptionally well and deserved to win that. Also the Miller vs Lauzon fight was sick.

Can't wait for JDS vs Cain Velazquez 3!!

I'm sure it'll happen, but I hope they don't rush it. Give JDS Overeem like originally scheduled, and maybe give Cain Verdum for now, maybe even Big Country. Regardless, still so damn impressed with my boy tonight!!! SOLID!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Dunno if anyone caught it, but what a great start to TUF Jones vs Sonnen. They've finally gotten rid of that stale old style they used to do and are doing it in a documentary-ish style now. Very cool stuff allowing family and friends to come see their fights to get into the house.