The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

9 minutes ago, 250Integra said:

Wow Misha Tate got destroyed

That's an understatement ... Nunes looked like she just went for a sparring round ... not a scratch on her.  Tate looks like she got her nose broken in 3 different places.  

Rhonda Rousey be chirping on Tate real soon.  Since she lost, it's been like Holmes, Tate, now Nunes ... 

Edited by Neversummer

11 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Predictions:

Nunes, Lesnar, DC, Aldo, Browne, Zigano, Dillishaw, Gastelum, Northcutt, Lauzon, Mousasi, Miller

Cheering for:

Tate, Lesnar, Silva, Edgar, Dillishaw, Hendricks, Northcutt and don't really care about the outcome of the other fights (not to say that they won't be good, just that I don't care about the record of either fighter).

10/12

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

No kidding. She wanted it over while they were standing. Tate had this weird look where she was kind of looking at Nunes' knees like she was just waiting for the lights to go out.  

A broken nose takes the fight out of some people.

7 minutes ago, Neversummer said:

The 'greatest' UFC card turned out to be one of the most boring.  

Had Jones not tried to cheat, it would have been a bit better. 

Even though the fight was mediocre, I enjoyed the Lesnar fight.  He panics when he gets hit but when he does the hitting, you just wait for the people that he hits to take a nap.  He had a lot of ring rust and got tired fast.  All of that muscle uses up a lot of oxygen.

Edited by SabreFan1

Meh, it wasn't the best result, but they really tried with this card, IMO. They had four of the best female fighters in the world, the two best featherweights currently fighting in that division, a grudge match that included the most talented fighter in UFC history (Jones), one of the best bantamweights in Dillishaw who could become one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in the next few years... and the draw of Brock Lesnar. 

People really overrated Hunt like he was a heavyweight killer after KO'ing Mir and Big Foot.  All he has is the power right and looks for it the entire fight.  Otherwise he has nothing and is slow, Brock easily took him down and dominated him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JV77 said:

People really overrated Hunt like he was a heavyweight killer after KO'ing Mir and Big Foot.  All he has is the power right and looks for it the entire fight.  Otherwise he has nothing and is slow, Brock easily took him down and dominated him.

He is very entertaining when his opponent wants to box with him, though.  KO of the night every time.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, playboi19 said:

Boring card. 

The best fight was Valasquez vs Brown.

UFC 200 failed, not one person on the main card got slept.

It wasn't the greatest card, but IMO if all you care about is seeing knockouts there are a ton of videos you can watch on youtube for free. The idea that there needs to be a KO for a card to be successful is silly IMO. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Down by the River said:

It wasn't the greatest card, but IMO if all you care about is seeing knockouts there are a ton of videos you can watch on youtube for free. The idea that there needs to be a KO for a card to be successful is silly IMO. 

Nobody got rocked or put in danger of a KO other than the Valasquez fight, it was a hump-fest. 

I don't really enjoy watching dudes in 69 positions and I hope Dana doesn't either or we have a problem.

2 hours ago, playboi19 said:

Nobody got rocked or put in danger of a KO other than the Valasquez fight, it was a hump-fest. 

I don't really enjoy watching dudes in 69 positions and I hope Dana doesn't either or we have a problem.

Then you're really not a fan of mma, you wasted your money.  You didn't have to watch it just to be part of the crowd....Go on youtube as the other guy said to watch tons of ko's.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, playboi19 said:

How was Nune-Tate a hump fest? Only reason it went to the ground was because Tate just went down after not being able to continue to stand vs Nune or she would have been dropped or the referee would have stopped it.

Also Lesnar was never going to go toe to toe vs Hunt. You fight to someone's weakness not their strengths, Brock is a great wrestler, Hunt can't win a fight that goes to the ground.

DC was the only boring fight, but to be honest I knew it was going to be boring since Silva didn't have a chance in that fight

• Upvote 2