The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Penn used to stay at 170 and at one point even fought at 205.

I think he fought at 185 against Renzo Gracie too.

Lightweight,Welterweight, Middleweight, Lightheavyweight and still no one can seem to really rock him with a punch or a kick.

Some big updates on the card for UFC 87, now titled "Seek and Destroy":

Already announced....

George St. Pierre vs Jon Fitch (Welterweight Title)

Roger Huerta vs Kenny Florian (winner gets shot at B.J. Penn)

Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring

Now added:

Mac Danzig vs Clay Guida (lightweight)

Cheick Kongo vs Dan Evensen (heavyweight)

Luke Cummo vs Tamdan McCrory (welterweight)

Jason McDonald vs Demian Maia (middleweight)

Manny Gamburyan vs Rob Emerson (lightweight)

Could be a pretty good card. Danzig/Guida could be pretty sick. Cannot friggin wait to see who comes out the winner between Huerta/Florian. IMO, that should be the main event at this show. I hope whoever wins (hopefully Roger) absolutely anhialates B.J.

Some big updates on the card for UFC 87, now titled "Seek and Destroy":

Already announced....

George St. Pierre vs Jon Fitch (Welterweight Title)

Roger Huerta vs Kenny Florian (winner gets shot at B.J. Penn)

Brock Lesnar vs Heath Herring

Now added:

Mac Danzig vs Clay Guida (lightweight)

Cheick Kongo vs Dan Evensen (heavyweight)

Luke Cummo vs Tamdan McCrory (welterweight)

Jason McDonald vs Demian Maia (middleweight)

Manny Gamburyan vs Rob Emerson (lightweight)

Could be a pretty good card. Danzig/Guida could be pretty sick. Cannot friggin wait to see who comes out the winner between Huerta/Florian. IMO, that should be the main event at this show. I hope whoever wins (hopefully Roger) absolutely anhialates B.J.

And its about damn time they had an Event in Minnesota

I am soooo gunna be there with balls on!

Can't wait to see GSP can't wait to finally see an event live

And as a former resident of Hilo my hats off to B.J. for hometown pride that was a tough fight for me to pick a favorite. Sherk from My home state and Penn from my former hometown. Always liked B.J.s in ring style and Sherk is just prue power when he actually shoots and slams. Very suprised to see it go so long without any ground game. Great fight though.

Loved every minute

^ Penn running back to lick the blood off Sherk's face was pretty wacky though. :blink:

He did it with Stevenson too but in this one he went out of his way to get the blood.

BTW whats with all the B.J. Penn hate?

yeah he can be a chatter box,he can be a trash talker before a match, but he is pure class and one hell of a fighter.

from the fans or from me saying i think him licking blood is odd?

from the fans or from me saying i think him licking blood is odd?

no I ment more from the page before hand. There seems to be a lot of people who just want to see B.J. lose

Though the blood licking is a bit odd if you ask me

Not exactly UFC, but Kimbo Slice is fighting tonight on CBS at 9pm. He's fighting some dude named James Thompson.

Should be good for a free knockout.

CBS? Do I get that channel? x_X

CBS Kimbo fight - worst called fight I've ever seen.

Kimbo getting pounded on the ground for over one minute and no call but a few head shots in the next round and it's called?

Kimbo is the worst fighter in mma right now, who has be beat? A washed up Tank?

I hope the UFC signs him so he can get his assed kicked big time. POS

Kimbo getting pounded on the ground for over one minute and no call but a few head shots in the next round and it's called?

As of 1:30am et, there was video here....

http://www.celebritique.com/2008/05/31/kim...son-full-video/

Soooooo true.

Thompson was just wailing on Kimbo when he had him down against the cage. Any good ref would've for sure stopped that fight then and there. He was doing absolutely nothing to protect himself. Then like you said, he hit him on his cauli-ear and Maragliota stepped in. I thought he was checking the cut, but then I thought to myself quickly, why the hell would he be checking an ear cut??? Absolutely terrible ending.

The Smith/Lawler fight was great until that brutal call too (stopped due to an unintentional eye-gouge???).

Really, the presentation itself was very bush league. Horrible commentators. Frank Shamrock sounded like a retard. All around, it reminded me of WCW competeing with WWE.

Who cares about who beat who, who's drunk, who's a ????ty UFC fighter, who's not, who's single point IQ is lower, etc.

WTF???

Where the hell did that come from?? :huh:

Edited by Johnny.

I'm certainly not a hardcore fan of MMA. Pretty much the only things I've seen are UFC fights and one episode of whatever it is where the ring is on a beach in the Bahamas.

But doubleyew tee eff was that Kimbo Slice fight last night? It was like watching bum wars. Damn, that was boring. Just two big, slow, unskilled hulks. What is Elite XC? Is this some upstart fighting organization that's trying to compete with UFC?

I'm certainly not a hardcore fan of MMA. Pretty much the only things I've seen are UFC fights and one episode of whatever it is where the ring is on a beach in the Bahamas.

But doubleyew tee eff was that Kimbo Slice fight last night? It was like watching bum wars. Damn, that was boring. Just two big, slow, unskilled hulks. What is Elite XC? Is this some upstart fighting organization that's trying to compete with UFC?

No kidding, I saw highlights and they explained how Kimbo Slice used to fight in back yards and post it on youtube. That's just pathetic, that somebody can go from fighting in backyards and make the transition to MMA with no problem. Shows how much "skill" it requires.