The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Denis Kang makes his UFC debut at 93 on January 17!! Can't wait for that!!

Denis Kang vs Alan Belcher

lol Is he actually going to be there?

I think i remember reading like a month ago that hes going to kamloops right after hehe.

GSP was sent to Richmond a year or 2 back. You'd think they'd get sent to a really busy place in Vancouver.

Edited by Pfizer

well folks UFC 94 promos are now underway for January 31st! Being billed as the best fight in MMA history.

They even made a poster already.. and i dont think they made one for ufc 92 of 93 yet..

69mk4l.jpg

So on Saturday they had a press conference

You can watch there here

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=MultiMedia.video

Then on Tuesday they went to toronto to a packed place where they did another conference.

part 1

:o :o :o:blink:

Jon Fitch has been cut from the UFC because they wanted him to sign a lifetime contract for the UFC video game.

his other teammate got cut too.

Fitch said that Cain Valasquez (spelling?) is also going to get cut after his fight.

and Josh Kosheck is also going to get cut. They were going to cut him now but are waiting for him to fight in a couple weeks. Its too close to find a replacement so they are waiting till he fights and then fire them.

UFC wanted all the money for the video game. They were going to give 10% to the fighter and keep the rest for themselves for life! damn... not even a 5 year contract.. a life contract.

Dana swore at Team AKA telling them to go somewhere else. Dana White is a pretty big prick to do this to his fighters who gave their blood and sweat for him. Thats pretty bad. Fitch gave his all for the company. They are trying to rip him off in the process too.

Jon Fitch has been cut from the UFC because they wanted him to sign a lifetime contract for the UFC video game.

Fitch said that Cain Valasquez (spelling?) is also going to get cut after his fight.

and Josh Kosheck is also going to get cut. They were going to cut him now but are waiting for him to fight in a couple weeks. Its too close to find a replacement so they are waiting till he fights and then fire them.

UFC wanted all the money for the video game. They were going to give 10% to the fighter and keep the rest for themselves for life! damn... not even a 5 year contract.. a life contract.

Dana swore at Team AKA telling them to go somewhere else. Dana White is a pretty big prick to do this to his fighters who gave their blood and sweat for him. Thats pretty bad. Fitch gave his all for the company. They are trying to rip him off in the process too.

I liked Fitch, his fight against GSP was wicked, he took hell of a beating but never gave up, dont really care for Koschek, only good thing about him is watching his interviews, sooo cocky

I liked Fitch, his fight against GSP was wicked, he took hell of a beating but never gave up, dont really care for Koschek, only good thing about him is watching his interviews, sooo cocky

Yeah the crappy thing is hes a nice guy and he gave his all for the company.

They were greedy and want his name forever. Imagine the Canucks wanting Roberto Luongo's name and jersey rights forever regardless of what team he plays for. He says no and they kick him out of the nhl.

this is horrible! kos is cocky but damn talented.

Dana had bad things to say about GSP's mgnmt too. Him hating Team AKA with all theyve done for the UFC. This is really childish of Dana to cut everyone off like this. They are overusing their monopoly mma power on these guys. Its good that Fitch stood up.

Yah, heard about the Fitch release earlier tonight. Crazy stuff! Don't really know what to make of it. I know it all revolves around money though.

And nice work on the press conference Pfize. I loved the dude right at the beginning... "Who's the guy in the green???" :lol: The crowd loved it too!!

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but Denis Kang makes his UFC debut at 93 on January 17!! Can't wait for that!!

I'm super hyped for that! :) Any word on who his opponent will be?

Oh and kick donkey for you meeting Quarry, hope you had a blast there man. I am defiantly planning on hitting a UFC sometime in the new year.

Holy crap...that is insane :/

Dana runs a tight ship and even if he come off as a prick you have to commend him, HE runs UFC, him and only him. I seriously fear the day Dana gives up UFC because then you'll likely get in the boxing promoters who'll want to bleep up the sport as much as they did to boxing.

He may be crude, but he's kept the corruption out, which when regarding a sport like this is the number one priority.

Dana runs a tight ship and even if he come off as a prick you have to commend him, HE runs UFC, him and only him. I seriously fear the day Dana gives up UFC because then you'll likely get in the boxing promoters who'll want to bleep up the sport as much as they did to boxing.

He may be crude, but he's kept the corruption out, which when regarding a sport like this is the number one priority.

Sounds like the owners had to step in this time.

Communication kind of broke down with Dana (White) so we talked with Lorenzo. (I) just got off the phone with him and we came to an agreement. We’re going to move ahead and I’ll be back in the UFC. We’re going to sign off on the video game and I’m back. It was never even about the agreement or the contract. It was the approach that we felt Dana was being a little bit hot-headed and was threatening us right off the bat. It didn’t seem like a professional way of doing things.”
- http://mmamania.com/2008/11/20/jon-fitch-b...ight-at-ufc-94/

I'm a huge fan of the UFC, and am amazed by where White has taken the company. At the same time though, he needs to quit putting his ego in front of the business.

Personally if it had turned out that Fitch and all the other AKA fighters were being booted because of a refusal to sign a ridiculous contract, I probably wouldn't have shelled out money on PPV's at least for a while. While I am aware that one guy not buying in isn't gonna sink a company, I am sure there would have been others like me.

Edited by Silverforge

http://www.usatoday.com/community/profile....40-875203407a5d

There's a couple good interviews there, Fitch followed by White.

-

This is not an attack on Jon Fitch. It’s not an attack on any one fighter. We have chosen not to do business with this camp called AKA. These guys have never, ever, ever treated us like partners. They’re always fighting over stupid, stupid (stuff) and negotiating over stuff that makes no sense.

-

Now there’s rumors out there, I know, about, ‘It’s over a video game deal. It’s over the ancillary rights agreement. It’s over this, that.’It’s over a lot of different things. It’s not one specific fighter or one specific thing. It’s about a lot of different things with a lot of these fighters.

Sounds like White woke up wearing his pissy panties that day :P

Just a heads up to any mma fans here in Vancouver. Anderson Silva and Kenny Florian will be in Vancouver on Sunday.

http://www.popeyescanada.com/silva_details.php

Popeye's® Supplements Kamloops BC

#102, 1150 Hillside Drive. Ph: 250-851-8514

Friday, November 21st 12:00pm-2:00pm, 3:00pm-5:00pm

-----------

Popeye's® Supplements Vancouver/Kitsilano BC

#101, 2295 West Broadway Ph: 604-731-2221

Sunday, November 23rd 11:30pm-1:30pm, 2:30pm-4:30pm

Purchase $100 or more of Nutrabolics products between now and November 7th and receive a VIP card guaranteeing you a spot in the VIP line-up. Supplies are limited. Only 400 VIP cards are available

If you wanted to meet Anderson Silva (which i dont ;) ) or Kenny Florian you can head to popeye's supplement store on broadway.

Edited by Pfizer

Just a heads up to any mma fans here in Vancouver. Anderson Silva and Kenny Florian will be in Vancouver on Sunday.

If you wanted to meet Anderson Silva (which i dont ;) ) or Kenny Florian you can head to popeye's supplement store on broadway.

Anderson won't be there

And Fitch is back with the UFC

Agreed. In the words of Joe Rogan, that is one BADASS DUDE!!

Honestly, I'd love to see BJ Penn vs Fitch.

Now that you mention it, that would be a fun fight. Fitch obviously has a hell of a chin, and is next to impossible to submit. Would be interesting watching BJ spend all his energy trying to finish Fitch in the first three rounds, then watch him gas out :P

The only question would be whether or not Fitch could slip by on a decision, or if he could choke out the rich female dog. Honestly, I'd give it to BJ split decision.