The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Penn is a better, tougher fighter than GSP. Penn's hands are heavy, GSP's are not. GSP cuts weight for this fight Penn moves up to take this fight, that is GSP's only advantage, although a huge one. Penn has fought at a higher weight class top notch guys, GSP couldn't do the same. If their 1st fight had of gone on 1 more minute GSP would have been done. In fact I'd be surprised if GSP even stands with Penn, he'll probably try and shoot/tackle Penn imediately to avoid Penn's superior punching power. ''If'' it goes to decision, GSP could be on a stretcher, in a coma and they'd still give him the win. Penn should take this in the first unless GSP stalls and backpeddles endlessly.

remember to watch sportsnet today folks! 1 hour before the fight they are going to have a special on the fight. Should be some more hype.

I think its on at 6pm.

today is the day1!!!!!!!!!!! man it feels like stanley cup game 7. *jitters!*

Penn is a better, tougher fighter than GSP. Penn's hands are heavy, GSP's are not. GSP cuts weight for this fight Penn moves up to take this fight, that is GSP's only advantage, although a huge one. Penn has fought at a higher weight class top notch guys, GSP couldn't do the same. If their 1st fight had of gone on 1 more minute GSP would have been done. In fact I'd be surprised if GSP even stands with Penn, he'll probably try and shoot/tackle Penn imediately to avoid Penn's superior punching power. ''If'' it goes to decision, GSP could be on a stretcher, in a coma and they'd still give him the win. Penn should take this in the first unless GSP stalls and backpeddles endlessly.

Are you on crack? GSP fights at 170 all the time which is what he weighed in at. GSP did not cut any weight for the fight. Last time I checked Hughes beat Penn the last time Penn decided to jump up a class and GSP destroyed Hughes. GSP fight 170 pounders all the time. Penn has also, but with limited success. Say what you want, but to say Penn is going to kill GSP, you are wrong. This will be a great fight, but GSP will win.

Edited by iamcanadian013