Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

IMO it should have been a draw:

Round 1: 10-8 Diego

Round 2: 10-9 Guida

Round 3: 10-9 Guida

I don't see how Sanches won Round 3!

I could have seen the draw come about for this too. But Dana has too much interest in seeing Diego win.

$50 for 102?

I wanna go.

Holy crap, just checked that fight card

100, 101 and 102 are going to be the three nights when MMA forces boxing into total obscurity

Won't happen, Boxing is still immensely popular in the mid-range weights

IMO it should have been a draw:

Round 1: 10-8 Diego

Round 2: 10-9 Guida

Round 3: 10-9 Guida

I don't see how Sanchez won Round 3!

I do,

Sanchez inflicted way more damage in Round 3 and almost turned Guida's ground attack into a Kimura. Even in Round 2 where Guida won the round because of takedowns, Sanchez landed more shots and did more damage, especially with those elbows from his back.

Guida was able to take Sanchez down 3 times, but wasn't able to do enough on the ground. But that's all he could do since Sanchez's striking game was too quick for Guida.

Getting cut doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot. Some people are bleeders. Look at Forrest, he bleeds every fight.

Fine then just watch and you'll see Diego throwing and connecting elbows from the bottom, judges can't ignore that. The "Nightmare" is baaaack.

I dont know if it was the best fight of the year, but i guess it is up there. First round was amazing, then Guida lay'd and pray'd. So glad Guida lost.

That judge who gave the match to Guida should be banned.

The only fights Guida is exciting in are the ones where he is getting his donkey kicked.

I do,

Sanchez inflicted way more damage in Round 3 and almost turned Guida's ground attack into a Kimura. Even in Round 2 where Guida won the round because of takedowns, Sanchez landed more shots and did more damage, especially with those elbows from his back.

Guida was able to take Sanchez down 3 times, but wasn't able to do enough on the ground. But that's all he could do since Sanchez's striking game was too quick for Guida.

Exactly. That's why he won. Not because "Dana wanted him to win".

Diego is a beast at 155. Love to see him beat the crap outta BJ. I say BJ because unfortunately, I think he's gonna beat KenFlo.

Of course Dana white's opnion matters to the judges. It always has and always will. This is Dana White we are talking about folks. Not Mother Theresa. He manipulates fights as much as he possibly can. He had Couture throw his fight against Brock Lesnar. He had the refs give the fight to Bisping over Hamill because hamill wouldn't make a good poster boy. This is not all that surprising. The fight should have been considered a draw. That is just how it is. Throwing a couple elbows from your back and trying to get a kimura really doesn't mean anything since he was on the bottom. He was being dominated by a guy that kept him on the ground. Trying to do things doesn't mean crap if you don't get it done. Punches only matter when they connect. He connected in the first round and completely dominated guida. Guida turned the tide and it should have gone his way or at least been a draw. Guida controlled the fight for 10 minutes. Diego controlled the fight for 5. The rest of Sanchez's fight was trying to stop guida. I hate lay and pray like the next guy. It's another reason why they need to go to a ring instead of the gimmicky cage.

Edited by Harbinger

I am sure Dana has a preference as to who wins a fight, from a marketing and business perspective, but if he were to manipulate the outcomes, it would undermine the credibility of the UFC and MMA as a whole. I don't think he would want to risk that now that the UFC is so successful, look at the Kimbo Slice fiasco as an example of tampering gone bad.

I am sure Dana has a preference as to who wins a fight, from a marketing and business perspective, but if he were to manipulate the outcomes, it would undermine the credibility of the UFC and MMA as a whole. I don't think he would want to risk that now that the UFC is so successful, look at the Kimbo Slice fiasco as an example of tampering gone bad.

I agree 100%. Dana knows the marketing comes from realism. If he started to manipulate that, he is gonna risk the whole foundation of the UFC.

I agree 100%. Dana knows the marketing comes from realism. If he started to manipulate that, he is gonna risk the whole foundation of the UFC.

Where is the realism? TUF? 30 behingd closed door unsactioned fights. That reeks of both realism and Honesty. Come on guys you're not serious. The Fertita family is best known for it's crime syndicate. This isn't idle talk. That is well documented.

Here is a pretty good series on the Fertitas family and their endeavors including Some links to some other articles.

http://unlimitedfightnews.com/wordpress/?p=2457

If you think they are somehow on the up and up. Just give it a read. It's a good family history lesson.