The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Pretty crapty event. Chael Sonnen was impressive, everything else went the way I thought it would. Coleman is terrible, the guy is SO slow. I don't know how he got back in the UFC, there's only one Randy Couture and he made Coleman look 10 years older.

They haven't even officially announced fights for the card, I don't think they'll go on sale till around mid april

I thought the had announced some, and most likely the main event will be Liddell vs Ortiz

and thanks for the info

Will there be an age limit for ufc in Vancouver

i dont think there is cause i believe ive seen kids at the events

anybody else here think the card for UFC 115 in Vancouver is going to be crap?

UFC 111 in New Jersey is getting spoiled BIG TIME, then 112 in Abu Dhabi is not bad, the same goes to UFC 113 in Montreal. Time to trim the fights to once every two months, the cards are getting more and more diluted. After watching the last UFC on the weekend, I now kind of want Dana White and UFC to sink for a bit, because Dana White is following the old boxing footsteps of taking its fans for granted by putting out crap.

anybody else here think the card for UFC 115 in Vancouver is going to be crap?

UFC 111 in New Jersey is getting spoiled BIG TIME, then 112 in Abu Dhabi is not bad, the same goes to UFC 113 in Montreal. Time to trim the fights to once every two months, the cards are getting more and more diluted. After watching the last UFC on the weekend, I now kind of want Dana White and UFC to sink for a bit, because Dana White is following the old boxing footsteps of taking its fans for granted by putting out crap.

The problem isn't they have to many cards, the problem is they'll stack up some cards to the points where there's two title bouts and than have cards like ufc 109 which should have been free. Of course injuries have something to do with this.

And yah UFC 115 will be crap, so far the cards looks like this:

The problem isn't they have to many cards, the problem is they'll stack up some cards to the points where there's two title bouts and than have cards like ufc 109 which should have been free. Of course injuries have something to do with this.

Thanks for rewarding the "mecca" of MMA Dana. What an awful card.

That card is sh!t. I wouldn't even pay $10 to watch that. I'll be downloading it the day after for sure.

That card is sh!t. I wouldn't even pay $10 to watch that. I'll be downloading it the day after for sure.

It's not even close to what the final card will be. So far, the Chuck/Tito 3 and Griffin/Dunham bouts are the only ones that would actually be on the main card IMO. Still plenty of time to put together a great card! Patience my friend!!

Edited by Raoul Duke

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2010/02/17/ontario_mma/

Look at this BS.

THE CANADIAN PRESS

TORONTO -- Ontario isn't ready to allow mixed martial arts fighting matches to be held in the province, Premier Dalton McGuinty said Wednesday even though events like the wildly popular Ultimate Fighting Championship could create new jobs.

While McGuinty has suggested in the past he was open to the idea, he now says bringing ultimate fighting to the province is not something he's ready to entertain.

"It's just not a priority for us at this point in time, we have higher priorities when it comes to developing those jobs and strengthening the economy," McGuinty said.

"We have other things on the go right now, and we'll stay focused on those, whether that's our tax reforms, stimulating the economy through investments in infrastructure, getting our children better opportunities at the outset."

Asked outright whether he found something in ultimate fighting offensive, McGuinty declined to elaborate, nor did he say if he was closing the door on the sport altogether.

Ontario has objected to the 1-on-1 fights in the past, saying they're too violent. McGuinty has also suggested that regulating the sport may be a better option than banning it and forcing its followers into underground fights, with no medical precautions and little training.

Despite a strong fan base in Ontario, MMA fighting has long been banned because it's considered to be "prize fighting" -- making it illegal under the federal Criminal Code.

It can be licensed by provincial athletics commissions however, something that has happened in various provinces and U.S. states.

MMA is one of the world's fastest-growing spectator sports and the UFC has claimed an event in Toronto could generate $4 million in tax revenue.

UFC president Dana White has called Canada the "Mecca" of his sport, citing healthy ticket sales to Canadians for shows around North America and elsewhere.

But for now, Ontario residents will have to continue to travel to Quebec or elsewhere if they want to watch the sport -- which combines elements of fighting sports such as boxing, wrestling, kick-boxing, karate and jiu-jitsu -- live.

Progressive Conservative Lisa MacLeod said the premier should make a final decision soon, since the possibility of bringing MMA to Ontario is an issue that has come up again and again.

"We're looking for any form of economic stimulus in this province and Mr. McGuinty doesn't have a credible plan for the economy and that might be one boost," she said.

"He says it's not a priority but he's got shifting priorities by the day."

What BS. I guess they are waiting until New York regulates MMA, then Ontario will bring UFC to the big smoke. All this because of an ancient law regarding "prize fighting". What a joke.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds