The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

We had fun.

That's all that matters in the end.

That's right. If everyone leaves smiling. I'm OK with that.

Anyways. The fights weren't too bad tonight. I don't actually remember anything on the ground lasting more than about a 20 seconds. Not that I don't like a good ground fight. But we didn't get any of those humping matches.

Managed to get to the pub after work to see Carwin/Zaga and Page/Keith.....

Impressed with Carwin, but again he really hasn't fought aynone special. I guess you could consider Gonzaga somebody?? Either way, nice knockout. Still think he got a little lucky. I can see him and Velasquez fighting somewhere down the road for the title for sure.

As far as the main event went, I thought it was very entertaining. Jardine somehow found a way to take a punch! Crazy he didn't get ko'd there! And how did Page not finish him off?? Kinda odd.

I'm donwloading it now cause I wanna hear what Rashad/Page were saying to each other at the end. The pub was super loud. And I'd like to see this apparent crazy ko kick by Matt Hamil.

I'm donwloading it now cause I wanna hear what Rashad/Page were saying to each other at the end. The pub was super loud. And I'd like to see this apparent crazy ko kick by Matt Hamil.

no need to down the whole thing. its on youtube. ;)

i was looking forward to the gonzaga carwin fight the most too. I didnt think jardine vs rampage was going to be exciting. It started getting interesting in round 2 after an ok round 1. But round 3 was ok again. I hoped rampage would have fought with more depth. Hes becoming like a chuck lidell. circle circle punch.. circle circle punch punch. It seems in last few fights he is just looking for the Knock out. He got it against wanderlei though.

carwin impressed me with the ko of gonazaga. That was pretty wicked. Its nice to see some new people in the weak HW division. Carwin, gonazaga, lesnar, couture, kongo, valasquez, jr santos. The division is starting to get more depth to it. Its good to see some new faces then the same old ones in the hw division for the past 5 years.

its tough to conclude how carwin is overall though. We havent seen his full game. hows his wrestling and jiu jitsu? he reminds of a houston alexander. knocking people out. but when he faced someone that put him on his back he was helpless.

i was also impressed with brandon vera too. he looked much more quicker and fluid than his last performance.

its tough to conclude how carwin is overall though. We havent seen his full game. hows his wrestling and jiu jitsu? he reminds of a houston alexander. knocking people out. but when he faced someone that put him on his back he was helpless.

Gonzaga hit Carwin a good three times, and then took him down. At that point, I had the feeling it was going end very shortly after, and it did, but in favor of Carwin.

Carwin was able to keep his composure, recover, and, most importantly, get to his feet.

The man knows his game well, however the question that remains is his stamina.

Gonzaga hit Carwin a good three times, and then took him down. At that point, I had the feeling it was going end very shortly after, and it did, but in favor of Carwin.

Carwin was able to keep his composure, recover, and, most importantly, get to his feet.

The man knows his game well, however the question that remains is his stamina.

Well he was a pretty decent wrestler back in his day....Div. 2 Champion actually.

Wrestlers usually have good stamina.

With that being said who needs stamina when none of your fights will go past 5 minutes?

So Brock/Mir 2 on July 11 at UFC 100???? It's not official yet, but it looks like that's the deal!

Wow. This could be the best night ever. I can't wait to be there live!!!

i think that fight is off for now.

mir needed surgery on his leg or something like that.

they are replacing it with a LHW title shot.

Rashad vs Jackson or Machida. Rampage gets first choice if he wants to fight him now, or wait since he just fought and fight the winner of machida/rashad.