The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

That was the worst title-fight I've ever seen. Thales Leites will never fight in the UFC again, Silva should have put on a show and knocked his a$$ out for the fans.

Edited by FinFan

good for shogun there.

leities and anderson looked like crap. Especially Anderson because he did the same thing with Cote. Brutal.

Leities wanted to fight on the ground, Anderson wanted to fight standing up. They couldnt seem to work together haha. One guy laid down, one guy stood up.

funny that the crowd kept booing and chanting bullsh!t.

edit: its weird that the commentators kept praising Anderson again like the last fight against Cote when all he was doing was shadow boxing. "Anderson is out of Leities league" "silva is too much" all in the while Anderson is just jogging around the octagon and Leities is taking a nap on the floor haha.

Edited by Pfizer

good for shogun there.

leities and anderson looked like crap. Especially Anderson because he did the same thing with Cote. Brutal.

Leities wanted to fight on the ground, Anderson wanted to fight standing up. They couldnt seem to work together haha. One guy laid down, one guy stood up.

funny that the crowd kept booing and chanting bullsh!t.

edit: its weird that the commentators kept praising Anderson again like the last fight against Cote when all he was doing was shadow boxing. "Anderson is out of Leities league" "silva is too much" all in the while Anderson is just jogging around the octagon and Leities is taking a nap on the floor haha.

I give 80% blame to Leites for that fight last night. I agree Anderson didn't look as good as he has in the past but Leites really didn't give him much. He was running back and falling down every time he got hit. Chuck even said it in the post fight interview that Andy swung and hit air and Leities still fell over onto his back, quite pathetic really.

On another note, GSP would absolutely destroy Anderson in a bout. As long as Georges beats Alves it's on according to Dana White so let's see it! GSP wouldn't stand with Andy very long he would take him down and ground and pound him and TKO Anderson. GSP new P4P KING!

Edited by Robongo

i dont think silva and gsp would be a fair fight........is silva gonna drop 15 pounds for the fight or is gsp gonna gain 15? gsp fights at 170 and silva fights at 185 right? i dunno im not a fan of these type of fights if silva is pound for pound best than let him try to fight up a weight class ..

i dont think silva and gsp would be a fair fight........is silva gonna drop 15 pounds for the fight or is gsp gonna gain 15? gsp fights at 170 and silva fights at 185 right? i dunno im not a fan of these type of fights if silva is pound for pound best than let him try to fight up a weight class ..

Sorry dude. But even though gsp fights at 170 he comes into the ring on fight night at just under 190. On the other hand silva usually comes in around 200. But last night he looked especially thin and his weigh in weight was 183 which means he may actually have been on weight for this fight.

Edited by Harbinger

I give 80% blame to Leites for that fight last night. I agree Anderson didn't look as good as he has in the past but Leites really didn't give him much. He was running back and falling down every time he got hit. Chuck even said it in the post fight interview that Andy swung and hit air and Leities still fell over onto his back, quite pathetic really.

On another note, GSP would absolutely destroy Anderson in a bout. As long as Georges beats Alves it's on according to Dana White so let's see it! GSP wouldn't stand with Andy very long he would take him down and ground and pound him and TKO Anderson. GSP new P4P KING!

I blame Anderson 60%. He is the middleweight champion. he pulled the same crap against Cote. People paid 50 bucks to watch a top fighter dance.

We all already knew Leities was a can so he fought to his max. But what you essentially have is Anderson Silva being afraid to fight on the ground VS Thailes Leities (sp?) who is afraid to stand and punch.

Both guys sucked but if Anderson is truly a top fighter he should not be scared to fight anywhere. Like Fedor and GSP he should go and crush an opponent anywhere the fight goes.

Sorry dude. But even though gsp fights at 170 he comes into the ring on fight night at just under 190. On the other hand silva usually comes in around 200. But last night he looked especially thin and his weigh in weight was 183 which means he may actually have been on weight for this fight.

GSP is 5'10 and maxes out at 187.

Anderson Silva is 6'2 and maxes out at 225. But cuts big time (probably is 205 before leading up to fight) to make it to middleweight.

Theres a huge height/weight difference here.

I agree with Jermi, Anderson needs to fight guys his own size with the same reach in the LHW division. He is fighting cans and now he wants to drop another division to fight GSP?

I thinks GSP is a lot more talented and more well rounded than Silva but this shouldnt always be about GSP fighting the best, for once it should be about Anderson fighting someone bigger and better than him. Dana cant keep feeding him TUF fighter cans and then telling the world that Fedor sucks and fights garbage.

I blame Anderson 60%. He is the middleweight champion. he pulled the same crap against Cote. People paid 50 bucks to watch a top fighter dance.

We all already knew Leities was a can so he fought to his max. But what you essentially have is Anderson Silva being afraid to fight on the ground VS Thailes Leities (sp?) who is afraid to stand and punch.

Both guys sucked but if Anderson is truly a top fighter he should not be scared to fight anywhere. Like Fedor and GSP he should go and crush an opponent anywhere the fight goes.

GSP is 5'10 and maxes out at 187.

Anderson Silva is 6'2 and maxes out at 225. But cuts big time (probably is 205 before leading up to fight) to make it to middleweight.

Theres a huge height/weight difference here.

I agree with Jermi, Anderson needs to fight guys his own size with the same reach in the LHW division. He is fighting cans and now he wants to drop another division to fight GSP?

I thinks GSP is a lot more talented and more well rounded than Silva but this shouldnt always be about GSP fighting the best, for once it should be about Anderson fighting someone bigger and better than him. Dana cant keep feeding him TUF fighter cans and then telling the world that Fedor sucks and fights garbage.

Yes for sure. That is why I can't put either of these guys in as best p4p fighters. They are great fighters. But they fight below their weight classes.

^ you have to remember though that more weight does not = better in heavyweight.

there comes a point in heavyweight where more weight actually makes you a worse fighter hence why the division allows a 60 pound difference.

Fedor built the way he is at WW and LHW would probably lose to quite a few guys. I think he would lose to GSP. The skill level at Heavyweight is pretty bad compared to the others.