The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

Toney gonna get a beatdown tonight

he has the best puncher's chance in the world against Couture, should be an interesting fight at the very least, has the potential to be a classic. Lets see if his sprawl and takedown defence is good enough to shut down Couture's takedowns.

Not a chance Randy tries to bang with this guy, he'd get beat hands down.

There is no way that fight is going to be a classic. A classic beat down on Toney sure, but a classic fight? No way. In three months of training for MMA James Toney will have absolutely no chance of stopping Couture's takedowns. Couture's not an idiot, he's not going to stand and box with Toney and he's not going to get in the clinch and dirty box with him. Couture will take Toney down, easily, and pound him out for the win. We could even see a tapout from strikes.

Tonight's card is going to be great. Lol CoutureVSToney. Only way Toney will win is with a lucky KO at the beginning of each standup.

Everyone's hyping the Boxing vs MMA fight so much that I almost forgot about BJ Penn vs Edgar 2.

that's my prediction, he hits hard man

Penn Edgar 2 is going to be awesome, but Florian and Maynard should be even better. Maynard is pissed about Edgar, and FLorian needs a win.

I caught the last 2 fights and they were boring as hell. I can't believe people actually paid for this.

I didn't pay jack ****, I bought beer at the bar instead and watched it for free.

Couture vs Toney was a joke, Toney should STFU now.

"Lights Out" Toney...psh. That's what happened to him. Couture made him "Lights Out".

I didn't pay jack sh*t, I bought beer at the bar instead and watched it for free.

Couture vs Toney was a joke, Toney should STFU now.

"Lights Out" Toney...psh. That's what happened to him. Couture made him "Lights Out".

I don't know why people would think a boxer would beat a mma fighter in a mma fight.

put De la Hoya ,Mike Tyson and Mohammed Ali in there prime years against MMA fighter lets see what happens then.

If they get taken down they would be done. Maybe not Tyson I would love to see the crazy Tyson in a MMA fight. It would be like unleashing a caged animal.

If they get taken down they would be done. Maybe not Tyson I would love to see the crazy Tyson in a MMA fight. It would be like unleashing a caged animal.

A tiger, to be exact.

But yeah, insert any boxer in place of James Toney and you likely get the same result. Not to say that MMA fighters > Boxers, but it's a completely different game, and a grappler has a huge advantage in a fight like this.