The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

On 3/1/2017 at 7:33 PM, fagin said:

Well some said it's not like a mirrored Rousey comeback but it's identical another once great fighter after a 4 year hiatus somehow gets a comeback fight against a Champion(Bisping) no less and actually for his belt to boot.Here's hoping he gets far more than Hendricks did to him in his last fight,he like Rousey should have been made to earn the title fight.Then again perhaps it's better to fight a Champion and be beaten than a wanabe and be beaten which is probably the way Dana and George see it.

Someone has it right when they listed this forum UFC/MMA,they should have added WWE,to show the joke it is becoming.UFC/MMA/WWE

Don't blame the fighters, blame the UFC for their persistent disinterest in running things like an actual sport. 

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Don't blame the fighters, blame the UFC for their persistent disinterest in running things like an actual sport. 

It isn't actually a post so much blaming the fighters as a fan of the sport showing his frustration at what is being organized,which in effect is directed at the UFC

Obviously it's money talking on the UFC's part.

Edited by fagin

That Khabib cancellation definitely stung, that was the fight i was looking forward to most

Was still tender from the last minute Fedor cancellation.. 

& If anyone tuned into the GSP v Bisping presser, man I didn't realize how much i missed GSP's class. I feel for the middleweight division once again but good for George's legacy regardless 

Edited by Pernell Karl

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

GSP is my favorite of all time but I don't think he'll beat Bisping and if he does, he's got nothing but killers in front of him at 185. Will suck for fans if GSP wins the belt and then retires all over again. 

Don't think it will happen but it could be written into the contract, that should he win he has to defend the belt x number of times, or forfeit the prize money from the Bisping fight.

On the other side of the coin Bisping is wanting to line up his fight with Romero soon after he is victorious over Gsp,should that be the case.

At what point do you take another look at AKA and start holding off on matchups with this gym?

Khabib: out how many times now?

DC: knee injury against Henderson (fought anyway with bad knee); out again for UFC 206

Rockhold: out in 2012; pulled out of his upcoming fight with Jacare

Velasquez: out for two+ years

Your four biggest names are consistently pulling out.

54 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

At what point do you take another look at AKA and start holding off on matchups with this gym?

Khabib: out how many times now?

DC: knee injury against Henderson (fought anyway with bad knee); out again for UFC 206

Rockhold: out in 2012; pulled out of his upcoming fight with Jacare

Velasquez: out for two+ years

Your four biggest names are consistently pulling out.

But this time it was weight issue not injury. 

34 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

To me its part of a culture of trying to push things to the max instead of being more tactful. The hardest training, the biggest weight cuts (DC's are probably the worst). 

Fair enough and yeah that gym is notorious with this stuff regardless. 

Wonder what the chances are for them to re-schedule and add Ferguson vs Khabib to 210. 

Would make that another amazing card. 

Edited by RRypien37

3 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Fair enough and yeah that gym is notorious with this stuff regardless. 

Wonder what the chances are for them to re-schedule and add Ferguson vs Khabib to 210. 

Would make that another amazing card. 

Khabib most likely won't be completely recovered by then.  He'd have to do the same extreme weight cut 3 1/2 weeks from now.  They were showing a video on UFC where he was in the sauna wearing a special sweat suit, and he pulled the sleeve down and sweat poured out over the cuff.

They'll make it another Vegas PPV match.  Seats in Vegas go for top dollar.