The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

***The UFC/MMA THREAD***

Charlie.Sheen

12 hours ago, gino#29 said:

i bet dana white won't let this fight happen unless it's in the ufc and they make most of the money.

If the UFC guy wins (highly unlikely, of course) then the UFC makes a killing.  Hopefully the fighters wear 4 once gloves, then the UFC guy will - at least - have a fighter's chance.

12 hours ago, gino#29 said:

great news,i still remember the first time i saw him fight.ufc 50 the war of 2004.patrick cote filled in on late notice and dropped tito ortiz,lost but impressed everyone. 

I remember being crushed when Silva defeated Cote after Cote had a serious knee injury during the fight. At that point in time, nobody had taken Silva into the third during his time in the UFC (7 consecutive fights).

18 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Anyone watch Fight Night Halifax?

Travis Browne has really fallen. He had so much promise and potential when he first came onto the scene...

Thought he was in total command first round and won it easily,but he came out the second round with exactly the same game and very cocky.It should have been obvious to him and his corner if this guy tags him he could well be in trouble.Unfortunately that's what happened, the ref was really crap in the stoppage he allowed Browne to take far to many blow's after when it should have been stopped.

On a side note Johnney Hendricks debut as a middleweight was pretty good and a win against good opposition.

Edited by fagin

10 hours ago, playboi19 said:

and one actually knows how to strike.

Actually GSP is one of the most boring of fighter's with his ground game,he was totally destroyed by Hendricks his only big stand up opponent and he failed miserably except for the pathetic judges score,often wondered who paid them for that result.Because someone certainly paid for that fixed and wrong result.

13 hours ago, Down by the River said:

GSP and Rousey are not on the same planet in terms of mental toughness/desire. 

Mental toughness and desire correct,but as i said he was as above a boring fighter most of the time and inadequate when needed against Hendricks.

Edited by fagin