The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

YVR is brutal, and AIR CANADA SUCKS BIG TIME!

I just can't believe my parents waited in multiple line-ups for re-booking of a canceled flight for TEN hours! Yes, TEN hours, and they are still waiting. All the other airlines are only delayed and it seems that they don't have cancellations. I don't know if its because of the Air Canada's lack of personnel, crew, staff etc. but they had by far, THE biggest lineup for re-booking for both domestic and international. Not only that, but their staff are rude and ignorant, since my parents had to wait in 5 different lineups due to lack of knowledge and common sense by their staff. It will certainly be the last time my parents will book a flight with Air Canada.

Sorry its off-topic, but the point is that, the city of Vancouver can't handle the snow in winter. Ditto for Air Canada!

Either CBC News or CTV News (forgot which one) exposed the same problem with Air Canada during the 6:00 news tonight. WestJet, in comparison, didn't seem to have this issue.

I've had less than stellar experiences with Air Canada as well... I normally fly Alaska or Horizon.

Edited by BuckyHermit

I've only ever flown with Air Canada (or Canadian Airlines from YEARS ago), and I've never really ever had a problem with them.

But then again, I don't pay the full fair and never go during the peak season.

Trust me, their service is worse than other airlines and they are expensive too. Most of their staff that work at YVR are rude and not customer friendly. There is a reason why they don't rank among the top 10 airlines in the world.

YVR is brutal, and AIR CANADA SUCKS BIG TIME!

I just can't believe my parents waited in multiple line-ups for re-booking of a canceled flight for TEN hours! Yes, TEN hours, and they are still waiting. All the other airlines are only delayed and it seems that they don't have cancellations. I don't know if its because of the Air Canada's lack of personnel, crew, staff etc. but they had by far, THE biggest lineup for re-booking for both domestic and international. Not only that, but their staff are rude and ignorant, since my parents had to wait in 5 different lineups due to lack of knowledge and common sense by their staff. It will certainly be the last time my parents will book a flight with Air Canada.

Sorry its off-topic, but the point is that, the city of Vancouver can't handle the snow in winter. Ditto for Air Canada!

Ill never fly aircanada my mom lost a bag when she went to mexico last month and they just dont care about the inconvience.

Never had problems with west jet.

Trust me, their service is worse than other airlines and they are expensive too. Most of their staff that work at YVR are rude and not customer friendly. There is a reason why they don't rank among the top 10 airlines in the world.

I only pay $36 for a flight to SFO, so I really can't complain.

I agree that the agents at YVR are rude, but whatever. It's not liek I'm going to see them again. As long as I get to where I want, I'm good.

I only pay $36 for a flight to SFO, so I really can't complain.

I agree that the agents at YVR are rude, but whatever. It's not liek I'm going to see them again. As long as I get to where I want, I'm good.

Well, I guess you are pretty lucky to not have issues with Air Canada.

Metro Vancouver

4:11 AM PST Tuesday 23 December 2008

Snowfall warning for

Metro Vancouver issued

10 to 20 cm of snow expected tonight and Wednesday.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A pacific frontal system will approach the British Columbia coast tonight bringing snow to the area. Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 20 cm are expected tonight and Wednesday. The snow will taper to flurries Wednesday night. Strong winds will also develop as the system approaches and visibility will be locally reduced in blowing snow.

Arctic air will continue to push through the coastal valleys and inlets producing very strong northeasterly winds giving wind chill values below minus 20 for the inland sections of the north and central coast today.

Expected snow for tomorrow (Wednesday Dec. 24):

Vancouver: 5-10 cm

Burnaby: 20-30 cm

North Van: 20-30 cm

Richmond: 5-10cm

Surrey: 15-20 cm

Coquitlam: 20-30 cm

PoCo: 20-30 cm

Delta: 5-10 cm

White Rock: 15-20 cm

Maple Ridge: 25-35 cm

Yipes! :o

Eh, At least its better than Maple Ridge.