The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Burnaby exams were cancelled because of that? Weak.

cancelled because buses stopped going up the hill. Hard to have an exam with a significant number of students missing.

edit: looks like we'll have to make up exams on Tues, Dec 16...

BURNABY EXAMS POSTPONED

(10:45am update) On the Burnaby Campus ONLY, exams scheduled today for noon, 3:30pm and 7pm are cancelled due to snow, erratic transit service, and very poor driving conditions.

At the Surrey and Vancouver campuses, exams continue as normally scheduled today.

For those affected by the postponement of today’s exams on the Burnaby campus, the exams will be rescheduled for Tuesday Dec. 16.

Students who have demonstrable commitments to travel on the 16th, or other valid inability to attend, should consult their faculty member.

The Burnaby campus remains open. Staff should remain at work but watch this site for further updates. .

It is still snowing steadily on Burnaby Mountain, and the snow is accumulating. The forecast is for at least 5cm of snow, followed by freezing Arctic air tonight.

Source: http://www.sfu.ca/sfualerts/Alert_update.html

Edited by trek

gaglardicamme0.jpg

Great and I have to head to SFU at 11:30.

The sad part of this is.... it's barely ANY snow....

we're talking about 3-5 cms. It's nothing.

Personally, my fiance has a car with Snow Tires all around, and my car has older snow tires on the front, and all seasons on the back.

My car is parked in front of my building, and I got a ride to work in her car.

People just need to take the correct percautions and think. This snow was expected for 2 weeks.

I like the look of that 14 day trend. It would be awesome to have another White Christmas this year...I'm crossing my fingers that it happens. Also, I pretty surprised SFU is that bad that they had to cancel exams. I'm just down the mountain and it's just raining here, but I guess that little bit of elevation makes a huge difference.

Edited by linden16*