The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

That snow rules does apply to everywhere in Metro Vancouver.

One of my neighbour didn't shovel his sidewalk from the last snowstorm.

The mailman slipped and fell in his property because of that the house owner was fined $500.

That snow rules does apply to everywhere in Metro Vancouver.

One of my neighbour didn't shovel his sidewalk from the last snowstorm.

The mailman slipped and fell in his property because of that the house owner was fined $500.

Suddenly, Arctic Monkey's ideas don't seem so stupid anymore...

One of my neighbours has a snow mower...he has a blast with that thing. going up and down the road getting the snow out of everyone's drive way ^_^

That is so cool.

My friend was just telling me how everyone in his parents' neighbourhood pitched in and shovelled all the snow. I thought that was nice.

Oh, and I can't believe the number of idiots who would shovel their curbs and then pile the snow smack in the middle of the sidewalks. Especially along Granville Street.

Thinking only of their precious cars, and not of pedestrians who actually need to use the sidewalks.

Metro Vancouver

10:38 AM PST Saturday 3 January 2009

Snowfall warning for

Metro Vancouver continued

Snowfall accumulations of over 20 cm Sunday for Howe Sound and 15 cm for Whistler.

Snowfall accumulations of 15 to 25 cm beginning overnight and continuing Sunday for north coast inland.

Snowfall accumulations of 5 to 10 cm today for metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley.

Snowfall accumulations of 5 cm today for Greater Victoria Southern Gulf Islands North Vancouver Island and West Vancouver Island.

This is a warning that significant snowfall is expected or occurring in these regions. Monitor weather conditions..Listen for updated statements.

A trough of low pressure along the coast continues to produce snow over north and West Vancouver Island this morning where 5 cm of snow is expected before snow changes to showers later today. Flurries have also developing across the Inner South coast and are expected to continue through the day. Snowfall accumulations of 5 and possibly as high as 10 cm are expected.

A stong warm front moving in from the pacific will spread significant snowfall amounts for Howe Sound and Whistler mainly on Sunday with over 20 cm possible. This front will also affect the north coast inland region with up to 25 cm Sunday. Precipitation will change to rain later in the day as the airmass warms completely along the coast.

An intense low pressure centre developing off the coast will move towards coastal British Columbia tonight. The system will bring strong southeast winds of 60 to 90 km/h over the exposed coastal sections of northern Vancouver Island coastal sections of the north and central coast and the Queen Charlottes overnight and Sunday.

Oh, and I can't believe the number of idiots who would shovel their curbs and then pile the snow smack in the middle of the sidewalks. Especially along Granville Street.

Thinking only of their precious cars, and not of pedestrians who actually need to use the sidewalks.

Where should they put the snow though? There are only few options of where to put the snow which includes putting it on the side walk, on the road/street or piling it on their driveway. Unless people can magically make the snow disappear, there aren't a lot of options.

Where should they put the snow though? There are only few options of where to put the snow which includes putting it on the side walk, on the road/street or piling it on their driveway. Unless people can magically make the snow disappear, there aren't a lot of options.

I think what he means is that people are shovelling it onto where people actually walk (the cement) instead of where the grass is. :huh:

Edited by Canuck_83

Well, anywhere is better than the sidewalk. My house doesn't have a lot of room out front either, but we somehow found a way without blocking the road.

I shudder to think about the pedestrians who are forced to walk on the curb lane of Granville Street due to this.

Edit: Canuck_83 understood what I meant. Piling it on the grass is fine. Piling it on the cement is not.

Edited by BuckyHermit