The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

I could have sworn there were only a couple of inches of snow on the ground when I first woke up. There was more than half a foot by the time I left for work. I got to work an hour and a half later, after waiting 45+ minutes for a bus. I saw two of my buses heading in the other direction, and it was half an hour before one made it back up the hill in the other direction (my stop is only a few blocks from the end of the route).

The woman sitting nearby on the bus is married to a bus driver, and apparently a few buses have gone off the road. I have no idea what kind of detours/route cancellations there are because the transit website isn't built to handle heavy traffic and crashes every time it snows (it's so much like Victoria in that respect).

I am surprised you even get an Internet connection by the looks of where you live in those pics

When the house was built, lines were installed for internet. The lady who who owned the house before ran a business here

Victoria is getting DUMPED with snow wow.

I just got back from Mt.Washington yesterday too :lol:

According to reports up to 25 cm - A snowfall warning remains in effect, calling for accumulations of five to 25 centimetres over the region. Winds will pick up later in the day and, while the temperature is supposed to drop to -3 C, the wind chill could make it feel as cold as -25.

Here are some photos:

http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/news/4334130/story.html?tab=PHOT