The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official Transit Thread

nitronuts

I definitely agree with that. I mean, when I was in SoCal, I was amazed that they had bus announcement stops on almost all their buses. And it's a million times better than what TransLink has right now:

I thought LA's transit system was supposed to be among the most infamous in the world.

I thought LA's transit system was supposed to be among the most infamous in the world.

It is, although the stop announcement video I attached was from an Orange County Transportation Authority bus. I mostly rode OCTA when I was there, since I spent 90% of my time in Orange County.

LA's subway system totally kicks the snot out of SkyTrain though.

It is, although the stop announcement video I attached was from an Orange County Transportation Authority bus. I mostly rode OCTA when I was there, since I spent 90% of my time in Orange County.

LA's subway system totally kicks the snot out of SkyTrain though.

A subway for lava. :lol:

Volcano_ver2.jpg

Broke a pretty good record today.

Got to UBC in 35 mins from my place. Usually, this commute takes 50mins northbound.

Absolutely NO TRAFFIC on Russ Baker, Arthur Laing, or in Kerrisdale.

I doubt that they're implementing my "Euthanize the Drivers of Single-Occupant Vehicles in Rush Hour" initiative, so it must be because lots of people took today off to stretch Remembrance Day into a long weekend.

I doubt that they're implementing my "Euthanize the Drivers of Single-Occupant Vehicles in Rush Hour" initiative, so it must be because lots of people took today off to stretch Remembrance Day into a long weekend.

Probabaly taht.

My bus, which would usually be full by the time I leave richmond, had empty seats. My lectures right now are about 1/2 full.

It doesn't matter how much control you have. There are always some things that tend to happen whether you try to avoid it or not.

i've been taking transit for 8+ years and ive never had a bag run into someone(someone hit my bag once, but that was there fault. QQ baby)

what now?

What bus do you take to your school/work?

Let me come by and show you what "oops, sorry. the bus suddenly braked" means.

I hold on. So should you.

Bus driver asks you to remove things from your body that is obstructive (ie: backpacks, bowling bag purses). Do it. Save the bus driver some saliva and get about 3 more people onto a bus.

Apparently you're hard of reading. read back a few posts. i take it off when people NEED to get on.

Edited by AvatarSE

Apparently you're hard of reading. read back a few posts. i take it off when people NEED to get on.

your post: "ill take it off when i get on and see theres people all over. "

There won't be enough time to take off the backpack when there's people on the bus. There will be someone left behind at the stop.

I've seen plenty of cases where I got left at the Sexsmith Park and Ride, only to look into the passing bus and see half of the back empty because they took off their packs, but no one there to fill in the gap.

I ask for the bus routes that you frequently take because then I'd have a good idea of how packed the buses are. Is it empty like a #10 bus in non-peak hours, or is it packed like a can of sardines like every other bus during the PM rush.

Read this (if you can). Take the backpack off before boarding the bus. Walk to the back of the bus. Make room for other standees on the bus.

your post: "ill take it off when i get on and see theres people all over. "

There won't be enough time to take off the backpack when there's people on the bus. There will be someone left behind at the stop.

So you're telling me you can't take off a backpack as you step onto the bus and show the bus driver your pass at the same time?

Protip: I can.

I ask for the bus routes that you frequently take because then I'd have a good idea of how packed the buses are. Is it empty like a #10 bus in non-peak hours, or is it packed like a can of sardines like every other bus during the PM rush.

I know how busy my busses are. I've been riding them long enough to know. I'm on transit both when its not busy, when it is slightly busy, and when its very busy.

Read this (if you can). Take the backpack off before boarding the bus. Walk to the back of the bus. Make room for other standees on the bus.

Read this if you can. I'll take off my backpack when I see that I need to. Just as I always have(and as it has always worked, as I've never made any problems.)

Thanks though.

Edited by AvatarSE

So you're telling me you can't take off a backpack as you step onto the bus and show the bus driver your pass at the same time?

Protip: I can.

I know how busy my busses are. I've been riding them long enough to know. I'm on transit both when its not busy, when it is slightly busy, and when its very busy.

Read this if you can. I'll take off my backpack when I see that I need to. Just as I always have(and as it has always worked, as I've never made any problems.)

Thanks though.

You must be the person who was pushing their backpack into my face after you boarded...

It's not just backpacks that are bothersome. Girls with those giant Lululemon/TNA bags who swing them around without consideration for those around them are just as annoying.

As for people not moving to the back... taking off your backpack is often not enough. It's the people who won't move. Even if there's room, people won't squeeze in until someone yells at them to move.

It's not just backpacks that are bothersome. Girls with those giant Lululemon/TNA bags who swing them around without consideration for those around them are just as annoying.

even at the Pyatt/Edler signing!

23ralhw.jpg

check out those evil metal studs on the bottom. </shudder>

Edited by This Devils Workday