The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

-747 and counting, clutch should be proud of this thread, for better or worse he has created the most legendary thread on cdc...its a great reminder of why we should not be so quick to dog on a player that is slumping.....take raymond for instance, hes been in the cdc doghouse with a few peeps lately but come next year he may turn it around and become the next burrows...anyways, yes we really want burrrrrr!!!

...hope ypu can reach -1000 clutch, epic post my man!!

Guest Voucer

This begs me to ask the question now:

Do we expect Burrows to score 20+ every year now that he's accomplished this in three consecutive seasons? Or is it just a bonus?

.I am so pumped for the playoffs!!!.

I think Burr has gone under appreciated by quite a few people in the media this year just because he hasn't scored quite as many goals.

But if you really understand the game you will see that it is much harder for Burr to score this year. Other teams are watching video on their line and I don't think I have seen Burr score one easy tap in goal this year, where as last year and the year before he would always get the odd tap in here or there.

What im trying to say is this makes Burr's 24 goals and 22 assists even more impressive because teams are always trying to take away the pass between them. It is much harder for the Sedins to set Burr up, but he still finds a way to help make that line what it is, the top line on the best team in hockey. There are so many reasons why he is the best fit that Im not even going to try to mention them.

He also has really only played 56 games because his first ten games were like training camp and preseason because he was coming off a long term Injury, so if you throw out the 2pts he got in those 10 games you have 44pts in the last 56 games. That is a pretty good season by any standards.

But for any doubters out there just watch this guy come playoffs, he is going to be a Monster.

Edited by alexandre the great

When burr sends that arrow up to the sky to Luc.. just get that sense something good is going to happen, every time he has done it.. its exhilarating for us fans, and the team.. and something to rally behind. Next one is aimed at Stanley !

The original poster must be kidding. He can't be serious..

the original post was from a few years ago before Burrows turned into a beast of a scorer. he was still a solid player, but it's not like this thread was made recently. still so funnylaugh.gif clutch is not joking.

Edited by The Brahma Bull

page 250 and counting... Seriously? I love coming back here to see if clutch made some comments but can't see any. Is he hiding?

5 games left, 2 goals a piece to make it to 34, you can make that Burr... haha... gotta love burrows

page 250 and counting... Seriously? I love coming back here to see if clutch made some comments but can't see any. Is he hiding?

5 games left, 2 goals a piece to make it to 34, you can make that Burr... haha... gotta love burrows

http://forum.canucks.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&search_app=&mid=31963&sid=677dc9bf4296bdb4878cde2890515ad4

I don't think anyone else fighting for a spot on the team is able to get 24 goals and 22 assists... And can you be that bad for the team when you are +27? I don't think so. This thread is a fail, you have no argument.

You did see the date on the OP, right? ;)