The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

Thanks! I think he has a good chance to get 30+ again, and he breaks his career high and gets 36 goals. He should have a chance since he'll be starting the season healthy unlike 2010-11. We didn't see enough of his patented backhand deke on those shorthanded breakaways this year. Here's to seeing him score many of those again in future. 

People think he scores his goals just by pyloning with the Sedins. Sure he would probably score less on the second line but I think he has become at least a 20 goal guy if he wasn't playing with the Sedins.

I don't think people realize that he is at or near the top of this team when it comes to hockey IQ. This plays a large part in his success and it's not something you can easily teach someone. It's also why he is out there in almost every game situation.

AV has repeatedly stated that the only reason Burr doesn't consistently play the PP is because he has to find and balance ice-time for some of our other top-6 players who don't kill penalties.

• Upvote 1

<br />Best troll on CDC, period.<br /><br />And I'm 80% sure of who it is and what he was trying to accomplish. Bravo.<br />

Yeah but if it weren't for posts like this, we could never bring it back to life after Burr scores the game 7 OT winner VS. CHI and the game 2 OT winner VS. BOS in the SCF etc. =)

im reading this 3 years later... hahahahaha!2011 baby! game 7 vs. Chicago...had to be there! you have been furthur roasted sucker!P.S...who's carrying the team now??? Burrows, that's right!Thanks Burrs and the rest of the team for such an incredible season!!!!!

Well...Burrows isn't really carrying the team...The twins and Kesler are

Funny how we still don't have a cup... Trade him his errors out weigh his "clutchness."

Clutch? Is that you?

People think he scores his goals just by pyloning with the Sedins. Sure he would probably score less on the second line but I think he has become at least a 20 goal guy if he wasn't playing with the Sedins.

I don't think people realize that he is at or near the top of this team when it comes to hockey IQ. This plays a large part in his success and it's not something you can easily teach someone. It's also why he is out there in almost every game situation.

AV has repeatedly stated that the only reason Burr doesn't consistently play the PP is because he has to find and balance ice-time for some of our other top-6 players who don't kill penalties.

So true. He doesn't always get PP time 'cos he's needed for heavy EV and PK duty. The guy's IQ is just that good, plus his determination + will to succeed has driven him his whole career. What a great story and exemplary role model for the underdog hockey player!

Looking at the stats for age and size Mr A Burrows is like the triplet brother for the Sedins

Looking at the way he came up thru the ranks and wasn't drafted but selected because of hard work

Looking at his current age and the fact that he appears to be something of a late bloomer

I'm going out on the thin ice and say 2011-2012, 40,,,, yes I said it ,,, 40 goals :towel:

Funny how we still don't have a cup... Trade him his errors out weigh his "clutchness."

Pros

-Fantastic team chemistry

-Can play on any line required

-Potential to score 30+ goals

-Can play PK or PP

-Clutch goals

Cons

-Takes a few inopportune penalties

-Centre of a few controversies

-Can't single handedly win a cup

Oh yeah... Cons definitely outweigh the Pros. :picard:

Edited by Niloc009