The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

Damn you colon dee! I was just about to make one of my usual comments. You effed it up chump.

On a serious note, how's Harry?

His weightloss is getting noticeable, but he is still in high spirits, thanks for asking.

Alright CDC, I need some suggestions.

It's a complicated thing, but for now, these damned kidney stones seem to be hanging around. Well, what's left of them anyway. Right now my only choice is to just take pain meds and wait it out.

Problem: I'm an ex opiate addict, so hanging around on morphine or demerol for too many days is deadly. I need some serious pain management suggestions. Please. I'm not serious all that often, I'm asking for help.

Alright CDC, I need some suggestions.

It's a complicated thing, but for now, these damned kidney stones seem to be hanging around. Well, what's left of them anyway. Right now my only choice is to just take pain meds and wait it out.

Problem: I'm an ex opiate addict, so hanging around on morphine or demerol for too many days is deadly. I need some serious pain management suggestions. Please. I'm not serious all that often, I'm asking for help.

Is there anyway to have someone you trust in control of the meds?

I think I might have suggested it already but there are several meditation techniques. They do not exactly alleviate the pain at least not for some beginners techniques but they can make the pain more tolerable.

It might take a while though. An analogy is meditation is sort of like weight training but for the mind. You can't expect to get buff after working out once.

Is there anyway to have someone you trust in control of the meds?

I've tried that. It's not so much that I'll abuse them, because I'm clean 5 years and I don't think I would. It's the fact that if I use them too long, the withdrawal will get to be way too much, and THAT'S when I'll falter.

While I do trust myself, you don't play with fire.