The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Latenight Lounge

Rate this topic

g_bassi13

You seem to like to point out all the prepubescent morons who post on an internet forum, yet provide no substance when pointing these things out. These 'prepubescent morons' who post here often do have an educated or definite opinion on a subject, yet you seem to just point generalize them as morons for whatever reason.

I'm referring to this post ^^ of this user taking her comments (understandably due to the lack of quotes) out of context.

Oh so terribly sorry. My mistake. I must have forgotten to put the quotation marks around WETCOASTER'S words. Lord knows, he used them often enough and pointed out the specifics often enough.

And this ^^^ mildly reactionary response which led to the situation escalating rather than diffusing.

It could have stopped there with a more appropriate response. I'm not saying Lahey's initial response was a textbook sample of maturity, far from. But if BB wants to change her perception to other users and at the same time have a more enjoyable and less confrontational experience here, it would be in her own best interests to be the bigger person here and not escalate the situation. That's all I'm saying.

Guest Gumballthechewy

And I have absolutely no reason to be angry about the persistent personal attacks and flaming that accompany pretty much every post I make regardless of it's content and in PMs as well? Okaaaay.......

You have every right to be angry if people are constantly harassing you for no reason in PM's and everytime you post, that is ridiculous and I'd be pretty upset too, but why go around being angry at everybody else because of it?

I'm just gonna say that I do have a certain amount of respect for BB, mostly because I was taught to respect people that were older than myself. However, when every post (at least for the most part) is a seemingly angry statement towards another user on CDC it gets on my nerves.

I hope for your sake BB that you learn when to stop arguing and how to leave things alone. One reason that you may be getting provoked "all the time" is because everyone knows that if they say something negative about you that you'll be there arguing (and often angrily) 5 minutes after they post.

My apologies if I came across a bit harsh in my previous posts.

Cheers,

Tiggies

• Upvote 1

You have every right to be angry if people are constantly harassing you for no reason in PM's and everytime you post, that is ridiculous and I'd be pretty upset too, but why go around being angry at everybody else because of it?

:huh:

Why are you suggesting she is angry at 'everybody else'?

I don't really like using the word, but I think people on here sometimes mistake BB's tendency to be somewhat brash as being angry. Which I don't think she is, unless someone like me decides having a back-and-forth would be fun. Even then she never comes across as angry, just cocky, but since we're online it's hard to tell the difference and people confuse the two.

So even when she admits her mistake it isn't good enough?

She can choose to admit her mistake in a manner that diffuses the situation or in a manner that escalates it. But IMO if she chooses the latter, she deserves little pity for being the "victim". She's contributing to the vicious cycle at that point rather than halting it. If she doesn't want to be in an e-fight she merely needs to walk away...

But, don't let my level-headedness get in the way of entertaining internets. What she's been doing seems to work great :rolleyes:

Guest Gumballthechewy

Well I guess that wasn't the right choice of words, I don't know, she just comes off as angry in most of her posts, she might not be but it feels that way to me and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Personally I have nothing against her, I feel no need to PM her personal attacks, she's seems very intelligent, but in my opinion she comes across as a little aggressive.

Umm, just wondering but why when I quote you it says your name is Shift-4?

Edited by Gumballthechewy

Guys,

Please don't use this thread as a place to talk negatively about or pick on others. Especially in light of the recent discussion of bullying and the impact it can have - it won't be tolerated here. So please, find a topic of discussion that isn't anyone in particular.

• Upvote 1