The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

29 minutes ago, DADDYROCK said:

Yes indeed that's Rod Stewart and that old boy is still touring.1968 or sooner - 2018 or longer, now that is a career.

I just heard the Rolling Stones have some new album in the making as well,wow.

Here is a song from that era. 

Legend has it JImmy Page played the eclectic guitar (I always thought it was Jeff Beck) on this cut. And the bass player was John Paul Jones.  Led Zepplin to be formed shortly thereafter, as John Bonham was also part of the ''Hurdy Gurdy'' man sessions. The album was a present for me when I was 18 & got my first job at a record shop back home in Winnipeg.  I actually paid for it, but I asked a muso who worked sorting records for something old, and very cool to buy with my first pay check. Donovan is what he selected.

And back to authentic topical stuff, here is a more recent Jeff Beck fave of mine. I've posted it here before.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

^^Jimmy Page was a session player for the studio back then.^^   This is him on guitar according to some.

No shat? :huh:

I met Ray Davies after a show about 6, 7 years ago?  He was an intensely proud guy! Thought his brother, believe he mentioned him passing 3 or 4 years before, had created a unique sound with the electric manipulation of the guitar that had never been seen before?  LOL he was as passionate about it as Tiger Williams bears hatred for Trevor Linden.  But I guess its not surprising, the collaborations that were taking place.  

6 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

No shat? :huh:

I met Ray Davies after a show about 6, 7 years ago?  He was an intensely proud guy! Thought his brother, believe he mentioned him passing 3 or 4 years before, had created a unique sound with the electric manipulation of the guitar that had never been seen before?  LOL he was as passionate about it as Tiger Williams bears hatred for Trevor Linden.  But I guess its not surprising, the collaborations that were taking place.  

If true, it's possible that Jimmy Page only did some of the harder lead stuff to make sure the timing was right. He would probably have to use the bands gear so the sound and tone stayed the same. I've posted lots of Kinks but not lately.

• Upvote 1
On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 7:10 AM, Cerridwen said:

I've been a Ricky Nelson fan my whole life (thanks Dad for all the old Columbia Record Club albums!) being a huge dusty oldies fan. There's not much of his music that I didn't like and then his 'come back' in '72 with Garden Party....

These three still have space on my playlists and get a lot of air play in my car on road trips....

We did Ricky a few days ago? I was trying to figure out what poor little fool reminded me of??

Marty Robbins...

• Like 1