The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to?

Rate this topic

I'm indebted, Olias. (I refuse to call you Twilight Sparkle) I had never heard that Oasis tune before...and it's a very hauntingly beautiful one...if you have any other deep cuts from them you'd like to share, PM me or post them here...I gained a new appreciation for that band with that song. Eminence Front holds a very special place in my list of Top Who songs...just for that same reason...it's much easier to don a facade or a mask to protect yourself from the real life horrors and judgmental looneys in this world...it's far more difficult to accept who you are, with all your faults..all your quirks..your inconsistencies..your flaws...

oasis in the later years after be here now really changed with the times and most of their later stuff speaks to you, especially a song like One Way Road, it's a b-side

describes coming off of the high and feeling lost

i don't want to open up TOO much over this board, like gush it all out, but i'm comfortable enough to share some of my joys and pain in songs. oasis played a huge part of my turn around, along with YES

this song, i'm listening to it now, describes how i felt when i was on drugs and just lazing around and going nowhere in life.

at some point, i just couldn't do it anymore, sometime late 2007, i wanted to be alive. i still had friends who cared; my family. i did it for them. went out and finally dun something with my life. it's a bit of a long tune, but it'll always be my #1 for who i am today-- healthier and stronger

the guitar solo is just so sexy

Edited by Twilight Sparkle
  • Upvote 1

I'm indebted, Olias. (I refuse to call you Twilight Sparkle) I had never heard that Oasis tune before...and it's a very hauntingly beautiful one...if you have any other deep cuts from them you'd like to share, PM me or post them here...I gained a new appreciation for that band with that song.

SMH, one of my favorite Oasis 'deep cuts'.

This band's B-sides are better than most famous bands catalogs.

Not exactly an Oasis deep cut but IMO one of their best that wouldn't make most top ten lists. This should have been a massive hit.

Now I'm in a Brit Pop (hate that label) mood.

• Upvote 1