The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tennis

-DLC-

Raonic first serve suffered a little bit towards the end of the first set. Thank god he improved in other areas. That can make a difference when you are having a bad moment in your first serve.

Edited by Monteeun

Good one Genie. This was a trickier match than the rankings suggested. Her opponent has been ranked as high as #21 just last year and she made it all the way to the Rogers Cup final only to lose to Serena last year. So she has a good game.

Nice win for Genie. On to her first ever 3rd round at US Open.

Wish she and Milos both made things a little more routine in these early rounds!

Good one Genie. This was a trickier match than the rankings suggested. Her opponent has been ranked as high as #21 just last year and she made it all the way to the Rogers Cup final only to lose to Serena last year. So she has a good game.

Nice win for Genie. On to her first ever 3rd round at US Open.

Wish she and Milos both made things a little more routine in these early rounds!

Agreed. A little adversity in the early rounds can go a long way though. Hopefully this is the case for both of them :)

That was no walk in the park.

IMO, Genie's ranking at #8 is quite a bit inflated due to her run at the Slams. When looking at her year minus slams, I'd say an accurate ranking for her is about 10-15.

Cirstea is ranked 80th but is a former top 20 player who is only ranked so low due to injuries.

So this match was not 8 vs 80. It was more like ~13 vs ~25 or so.

Agreed. A little adversity in the early rounds can go a long way though. Hopefully this is the case for both of them :)

True. As long as she's getting stronger and more confident each round, that's the key

IMO, Genie's ranking at #8 is quite a bit inflated due to her run at the Slams. When looking at her year minus slams, I'd say an accurate ranking for her is about 10-15.

Cirstea is ranked 80th but is a former top 20 player who is only ranked so low due to injuries.

So this match was not 8 vs 80. It was more like ~13 vs ~25 or so.

True. As long as she's getting stronger and more confident each round, that's the key

Chris Evert says Genie has an easier draw than most..I hope that helps as well..hoping she gets stronger as she goes on.

Just as I was about to say Milos looks to be taking control of the game, Estrella Burgos breaks back on some mistakes by Milos.

Aaaaand he breaks back.

THis is a tricky game especially when the opponent is playing some tricks on the milos volley game

Also, Milos has to connect on his backhand.

Edited by Monteeun

THis is a tricky game especially when the opponent is playing some tricks on the milos volley game

Yeah, I've noticed (or maybe being paranoid) that more often than not if Milos plays the net, Estrella wins the point.

Also, Milos has to connect on his backhand.

That's probably the #1 thing he could work on I think. There's a reason he tends to run around the back to get the forehand in, you can tell he doesn't trust his backhand much.

Well done, Milos! Genie's turn in a few hours =)

That's probably the #1 thing he could work on I think. There's a reason he tends to run around the back to get the forehand in, you can tell he doesn't trust his backhand much.

Well done, Milos! Genie's turn in a few hours =)

I seen Milos play better than this.