The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BC Lions/CFL 2012 Season thread

Canucks_fo_life

Bear with me here... I LOVE the current jersey's and hope they never leave (although they do need to have some paw) but I just realized our Raider style Black/Silver uniforms would contrast exceptionally well as our third jerseys.

Agree? Don't get me wrong I think the Black/Silver was rightly hated at the time, the Lions should always be Orange. But this would be so sick for the odd game:

Damon-Allen.jpg

Or I could settle for these classics, thankfully the orange piping on the chest will be gone.

71379615005.jpg

ummm why not open the roof. Buono said he prefers the roof closed. We spent a lot of money on that stadium, and the Lions won't use the roof, and the 'Caps are still pursuing a new stadium, and said BC Place will only be their permanent home for 10 years max, and 5 years min. Lions crowed was only 29k. Who wants to go to an indoor stadium on a beautiful day?

My rant is over, the Lions played great, and very dangerous.

What a great game!

Had such a blast, but man when Geroy caught that ball... Chills went down my back!

That moment was so great I could not stop cheering and clapping, the funny thing was that they stopped the game had a whole ceremony.

The halftime show was great with Dragonette!

Got one of those Geroy Simon Recieving Yards Leader shirts!

Found this interview from a Baltimore radio station who had Geroy on about a year ago. They asked him questions about the CFL and Vancouver.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2011/07/14/football-fix-geroy-simon-and-the-cfl/

He came off SO classy and really had nothing but good things to say about the entire community here. I didn't realize how invested he was here, it's no different then Trevor Linden.

Geroy Simon is the hidden gem of the city.

Oooh man, do I feel rough today. :sick:

Congrats Geroy on an amazing accomplishment!! My living room erupted into cheers as he reeled in that pass from "the new Luuu in town." The whole play sorta slowed down for me and as the ball was in the air, I was thinking "please be for Geroy, please be for Geroy!!" Such a great night all around! Looking forward to next week.

ummm why not open the roof. Buono said he prefers the roof closed. We spent a lot of money on that stadium, and the Lions won't use the roof, and the 'Caps are still pursuing a new stadium, and said BC Place will only be their permanent home for 10 years max, and 5 years min. Lions crowed was only 29k. Who wants to go to an indoor stadium on a beautiful day?

My rant is over, the Lions played great, and very dangerous.

I was talking to one of the staff members of BC Place while in the elevator and she said that the decision to have the roof open for the game has to be made early in the day. She told me that it was raining pretty heavy at the time. Even with the roof closed it really doesn't have that "indoor" stadium feel anymore. There is a tonne of light that makes it into the stadium now and you can definitly feel the air movement in there.

The fact they could only get 29 thousand in there for the home opener after winning the Grey Cup is pretty sad though. I was really expecting a bigger crowd.

I was talking to a guy that came out from Winnipeg to watch the game and mentioned that they have way more stuff going on inbetween plays for entertainment value. He also mentioned that the stadium was pretty amazing.

I was also surprised with the low turnout. Season opener after a Grey cup as well as the opportunity to see Geroy set the record, very disappointing. We were thinking of making the trip over but thought it might be hard to get tix, that was stupid. :picard:

I was there last night and wow, the place just erupted when Geroy caught that ball, it was the perfect spot from where I was sitting, just something else.

I will never forget that play for the rest of my life, but boy was I sure tired this morning. :lol:

I was talking to one of the staff members of BC Place while in the elevator and she said that the decision to have the roof open for the game has to be made early in the day. She told me that it was raining pretty heavy at the time. Even with the roof closed it really doesn't have that "indoor" stadium feel anymore. There is a tonne of light that makes it into the stadium now and you can definitly feel the air movement in there.

The fact they could only get 29 thousand in there for the home opener after winning the Grey Cup is pretty sad though. I was really expecting a bigger crowd.

I was talking to a guy that came out from Winnipeg to watch the game and mentioned that they have way more stuff going on inbetween plays for entertainment value. He also mentioned that the stadium was pretty amazing.

I can't stop repeating this, the roof should be OPEN for EVERY LIONS GAME. Football is played in the elements, the fans will always be covered, and the field has drainage.

You can't tell me that the roof being closed adds that much better crowd noise.

The Lions only have 9 home dates a season, higher prices is a bit of a reality.. especially being a Canadian only league, the television contract is small revenue, CFL's a gate driven league.

That being said, if I we're David Braley, I'd slash prices. If you reduced ticket prices close to 50% you hopefully see a full stadium and still be making the same revenue. Except a FULL stadium looks spectacular for your brand.

Friday's crowd was a joke.

I can't stop repeating this, the roof should be OPEN for EVERY LIONS GAME. Football is played in the elements, the fans will always be covered, and the field has drainage.

You can't tell me that the roof being closed adds that much better crowd noise.

The Lions only have 9 home dates a season, higher prices is a bit of a reality.. especially being a Canadian only league, the television contract is small revenue, CFL's a gate driven league.

That being said, if I we're David Braley, I'd slash prices. If you reduced ticket prices close to 50% you hopefully see a full stadium and still be making the same revenue. Except a FULL stadium looks spectacular for your brand.

Friday's crowd was a joke.

Archived