The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

^^^^

No, because Cody was our backup plan should a top 6 center, Henrik or Kesler, got injured. But with the rise of Jordan Schroeder being able to fill that role, Cody becamse expendable.

Jordan definitely will not be playing center in the NHL as we are going to use the conventional shutdown 3rd line center which he is not. However, I think Schroeder will stay with the team on the top 9 wing next year as insurance for the top 6 center role IF Kesler or Henrik goes down.

Right now with Cody gone, Jordan is our top 6 replacement center. Jordan being able to perform the way he is in the AHL right now made Cody expendable - otherwise I think we would have sucked it up and held on to Cody on the wing and maybe look into getting Kassian in the summer.

Plus, Jordan has better skillsets to adjust to wing than Cody, so that may also have been a factor.

I think the acquisition of Reinprecht also made it easier. He's been playing great as an offensive centerman for MacT and has lots of playoff experience from his Avs days.

I hope you are right about Jordan being able to adjust to the wing, I always thought (agreed with you) that has the better skillset to adjust to the wing, but like avelanch said, he has had problems adjusting to it. I hope he can.

^^^^

He's gonna have to for our sake - unless we make a trade for/sign a Steve Ott/Tuomo Ruutu that can play on the wing in the off-season - because the next guy (LaBate) in line is 3 years away from graduating from college and at least a year in the AHL...

^^^^

No, because Cody was our backup plan should a top 6 center, Henrik or Kesler, got injured. But with the rise of Jordan Schroeder being able to fill that role, Cody becamse expendable.

Jordan definitely will not be playing center in the NHL as we are going to use the conventional shutdown 3rd line center which he is not. However, I think Schroeder will stay with the team on the top 9 wing next year as insurance for the top 6 center role IF Kesler or Henrik goes down.

Right now with Cody gone, Jordan is our top 6 replacement center. Jordan being able to perform the way he is in the AHL right now made Cody expendable - otherwise I think we would have sucked it up and held on to Cody on the wing and maybe look into getting Kassian in the summer.

Plus, Jordan has better skillsets to adjust to wing than Cody, so that may also have been a factor.

I agree with the bolded, but the problem is, the only time Jordan looked even close to being comfortable or able to perform on the wing, is when he played with Cody Hodgson last season. One has GOT to think that at least some of that (or maybe even a whole lot of that) was because of cody's ability to make his wingers better.

With Jordan's skillset, he SHOULD be able to transition to the wing, it just hasn't looked like a viable option based on his multiple foray's to the wing over the last couple seasons.

I agree with the bolded, but the problem is, the only time Jordan looked even close to being comfortable or able to perform on the wing, is when he played with Cody Hodgson last season. One has GOT to think that at least some of that (or maybe even a whole lot of that) was because of cody's ability to make his wingers better.

With Jordan's skillset, he SHOULD be able to transition to the wing, it just hasn't looked like a viable option based on his multiple foray's to the wing over the last couple seasons.

I don't see a problem. Kesler is a better center than Hodgson and with the speed both guys bring, it should be fine.

I don't see a problem. Kesler is a better center than Hodgson and with the speed both guys bring, it should be fine.

except kesler doesn't make his winger better; hell, he barely uses them. It's going to be interesting to see what happens next year, but i don't see jordan getting much time up here over the next couple seasons.

Maybe I'm wrong, and jordan clicks with kes instantly, which would be great, or av leaves and we get a coach willing to use his 3rd as an offensive line and a 4th in a shutdown role, who knows, but given what we know know, and how this team currently operates, i see this as a sign of the beginning of the end of jordan's career with the canucks.

except kesler doesn't make his winger better; hell, he barely uses them. It's going to be interesting to see what happens next year, but i don't see jordan getting much time up here over the next couple seasons.

Maybe I'm wrong, and jordan clicks with kes instantly, which would be great, or av leaves and we get a coach willing to use his 3rd as an offensive line and a 4th in a shutdown role, who knows, but given what we know know, and how this team currently operates, i see this as a sign of the beginning of the end of jordan's career with the canucks.

A player like Schroeder might actually look better with Kesler.

He's got amazing playmaking skills. Plus he's speedy as hell with the puck on his stick. A winger like Raymond or Cody (playing W) on the other hand probably wouldn't. But that's just my opinion.

^^^^

He's gonna have to for our sake - unless we make a trade for/sign a Steve Ott/Tuomo Ruutu that can play on the wing in the off-season - because the next guy (LaBate) in line is 3 years away from graduating from college and at least a year in the AHL...

Ruutu has a huge contract now, so I don't see it. Seeing Gillis bringing in a winger wouldn't surprise me all that much though. It'll be fun to see and watch unfold.

Looking forward to our new future 2nd line Center/LW.

In the WJC he was instrumental on a line with big bodies Colin Wilson and JVR.

We can have our very own addition of that some day. Except he'll have a Dane and Canadian Wjc linemates.

Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian.

Guest gumballthechewy

Jensen-Schroeder-Kassian

or

Naslund-Morrison-Bertuzzi v 2.0?

That why it got me warm and fuzzy inside! The potential of this line is scary!

Rodin Schroedoer Kassian

That's Naslund Morrison Bertuzzi 2.0 for ya

I'd pit Jensen in there over Rodin, he has the laser of a wrist shot and is more like Naslund or Hossa than Bertuzzi or other power forwards. Also that end to ender he scored was real Nazzy-esque. Wait until theyre all together, it'll be so awesome.

Archived