The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Absolutely not!

After the Hodgson trade, Jordan Schroeder is the only center in the entire organization under the age of 27 who is a surefire lock to be an NHL-er. And he's also probably the only one with top-6 potential. If one of Freisen, Labate, or Rai manages to get more than a cup of coffee in the bigs, that will be an organizational success.

After letting Hodgson go, there's no chance that Gillis will trade Schroeder.

I think you under-estimate Labate and Freisen. They are still prospects, but I think those two have a great chance to make the NHL full time. Only time will tell I guess...

4 pts 9 games in October

3 pts 9 games in November

9 pts 14 games in December

10 pts 12 games in January

7 pts 12 games in February

7 pts 13 games in March

Other than a 4 game pointless drought in March he has been pretty consistent since December. I'm stoked for Schroeder next year. I think he can not only fill the void left by Hodgson but can also rival his production in Buffalo. I love his combination of skating, shooting, and passing where I thought Hodgson lacked explosive skating to dominate the defense.

Don't forget JS's defensive game! This is going to be crucial if he's going to center the 3rd line next year.

And as for trading him, remember people saying there was no fit for Hodgson because Malhotra was our 3C? Things can change.

I think you under-estimate Labate and Freisen.  They are still prospects, but I think those two have a great chance to make the NHL full time. Only time will tell I guess...

•From over 2,000 players selected in the third round and beyond during 1990s, just 261 made it as NHL career players (200 games played). That's about 12 percent.

LINK: http://proicehockey....aft_success.htm

Just being realistic. Every team is littered with prospects that fans think highly of, but the vast majority of them won't make it.

It's pretty clear that AV likes 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines. So I don't see Schroeder as a 3rd line checking centre. How's Schroeder's face % anyways (offensive and defensive)?

I actually think MG is going to get a top 10 pick in this year's draft (CBJ, TO, or TB??) and go for a big centre with 2nd line potential.

It's pretty clear that AV likes 2 scoring lines and 2 checking lines. So I don't see Schroeder as a 3rd line checking centre. How's Schroeder's face % anyways (offensive and defensive)?

I actually think MG is going to get a top 10 pick in this year's draft (CBJ, TO, or TB??) and go for a big centre with 2nd line potential.

Like Galchenyuk? Only problem is he's got 1st line potential.. :bigblush:

I think you under-estimate Labate and Freisen. They are still prospects, but I think those two have a great chance to make the NHL full time. Only time will tell I guess...

I'm not sure Freisen will do much more than fringe NHL'er, but Labate has a decent chance to be a Brian Boyle-type player.

Schroeder has potential to play anywhere in the top 9, but not necessarily a regular 1st liner at the NHL level. Jensen will be quite nice to feed off him when he starts playing with the Wolves, but may outpace him at the NHL level.

Watched a few Wolves games over the week and Schroeder reminds me a lot of David Desharnais in MTL except with a better shot. If he keeps developing the way he has been lately I think he could put up similar numbers as well (60-65pts). Heck we could form our own version of Pacioretty - Desharnais - E.Cole in a couple years --> Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian. Having 2 power wingers would give Jordan the "freedom" to play his game and produce offensively the way he is capable of.

Jordan Schroeder: Registered 3 points (G, 2A) during a current three-game point streak and has bagged 7 points (3G, 4A) in his last six contests ... Shares second on the Wolves with 20 goals and ranks third with 43 points while appearing in all 72 games this season ... Has surpassed the 10 goals, 18 assists, and 28 points he posted in 61 games as a rookie with the Manitoba Moose last season

http://chicagowolves.com/weekly-reports/3042-weekly-press-notes-for-april-9

I know it shouldn't be the case, but I think the Cody Hodgson trade has given Schroeder a boost in confidence late this year. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I think Schroeder sees Hodgson being traded as an opportunity for him to grab a roster spot next year.

Let's just hope he fits in better with the team (ie. not ordering milk at the bar)

I know it shouldn't be the case, but I think the Cody Hodgson trade has given Schroeder a boost in confidence late this year. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I think Schroeder sees Hodgson being traded as an opportunity for him to grab a roster spot next year.

Let's just hope he fits in better with the team (ie. not ordering milk at the bar)

So that's where that Bieksa refrain came from?

Archived