The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

Playoffs begin tonight for the baby canucks as well. It would be a great experience to our prospects if they can have a deep run, and they got some reinforcements to do just that, here's an article of schroeder/the first round matchup

1761_lead.jpg

Posted on: Thursday, April 15th, 2010

By Ken Wiebe, Winnipeg Sun

With a gold medal already in his possession, Jordan Schroeder would love to add a Calder Cup ring to the trophy case.

“It’s been a good ride so far and us making the Calder Cup is a goal of ours and it’s a goal of mine to help this team get there,” said Schroeder, a Manitoba Moose centre who will be counted on during the American Hockey League playoffs. “We’ve got the team that can do it, as long as we go out there and work hard each and every night.”

The Vancouver Canucks first round pick (22nd overall) in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft has made an immediate impact since signing his first contract and turning pro.

In 11 games with the Moose during the regular season, Schroeder managed to score four goals and nine points, which represents solid production for someone adapting to life at the next level.

“It’s exciting for me, I was glad to be able to help the team get into the playoffs during the stretch run,” said Schroeder, who helped the United States win gold against Canada in Saskatoon in January. “It’s going to be intense hockey, (against the Hamilton Bulldogs) that’s for sure. We’re going to have to step up our game.”

The two teams split the season series, with both the Moose and Bulldogs coming away with identical 4-3-1 records.

At this time of the year, the stakes are high and every goal is important.

“Special teams is going to be huge,” said Schroeder. “We’re going to have to be sharp 5-on-5 and hopefully execute on special teams.”

Moose head coach Scott Arniel didn’t hesitate when asked what has made the Bulldogs so successful this season.

“They’ve got some real good balance throughout their lineup and real good team speed,” said Arniel, noting that first-year head coach Guy Boucher has done a really good job with the Bulldogs. “Their defence are very active and they jump up on the rush. They’ve got strong goaltending and they play a very high tempo game. They try not to take a lot of penalties and they try to pressure you hard. We’ve seen them enough that we know what they do.”

“They’ve got a good team,” added Moose defenceman Lawrence Nycholat. “They’ve got a lot of skill, a lot of guys that can make plays and good goaltending. You don’t get 115 points by accident. Throughout the course of the year, every team wins some games they probably should lose but when you have as many wins and points as they do, they’ve played at a high level consistently all year and they deserve to be where they are.”

Moose goalie Cory Schneider is familiar with the Bulldogs strengths.

“They’re really stingy and they don’t give up a lot,” said Schneider. “(David) Desharnais and (Brock) Trotter are two of the best players in the league, they’re in the Top-6 in scoring so we’re definitely going to have to key on them.

“I think we can play with them, but our margin of error is going to be very small. If we make mistakes, give them chances and extra attempts, it’s going to be a long series. But if play a tight game, don’t turn the puck over and force them to play our game, we’ll keep it close.”

The puck drops at 6:30 p.m. at Copps Coliseum on Thursday.

Baby Moose were shut out yesterday. Any report on how Schroeder played?

I was watching the nhl, but checked in every now and then on the radio stream. I didn't hear much on schroeder, but shirokov, stasny, and rosa kept popping up as making some good plays.

yay! i got a -1 for saying that one of our prospects is going to be awesome. thank you, you douche.

Who cares probably just someone handing out random negatives, it is only CDC anyway.laugh.gif But stoked on Schroeder's 1st Pro hattrick.towel.gif

3 goals and 1 assist now.

IMO Schroeder single handedly propelled this victory.

Absolutely, the difference was Schroeder. Glad to see Moose win. Still hope for a Heat Moose series.

Although after tonight, Heat better pick it up.

Archived