The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jordan Schroeder Talk

carlweezer

This guy is an epic bust

Hasn't played consistent hockey since his rookie year in college.

Your a bust with this comment,

Quit posting these troll posts, even tho its your opinion your just being an idiot going too far without having any other logical facts to prove JS is a bust.

Your a bust with this comment,

Quit posting these troll posts, even tho its your opinion your just being an idiot going too far without having any other logical facts to prove JS is a bust.

I may be a bust but not as bad a bust as Jordan Schroeder

This guy had a dark cloud around him before being drafted about having character issues. From what I`ve read from people who watch the Moose games is that he is lost out there, doesn`t put forth a strong effort and is terrible defensively. It`s why the entire farm has been called up at some point this season to play for the canucks but this guy hasn`t even been considered. There is a strong reason for that.

^ Schroeder was playing college hockey last year which is a lot different than pro level hockey. Calm down and give him time, jeeeez.

You'll look dumb when he's on the Canucks and scoring.

she already looks like an idiot with these blatant troll posts. Schroeder was one of the most productive players for the moose last month (9 points in 13 games) and is 4 in points overall, despite missing the majority of december and january due to injury. Puckbunny is clearly a troll and one that has nothing to point at to even resemble an "intelligent" troll. she clearly never watches, listens or reads about our prospects and chooses to comment completely uninformed.

This guy had a dark cloud around him before being drafted about having character issues. From what I`ve read from people who watch the Moose games is that he is lost out there, doesn`t put forth a strong effort and is terrible defensively. It`s why the entire farm has been called up at some point this season to play for the canucks but this guy hasn`t even been considered. There is a strong reason for that.

Well he was drafted in 09. Considering we have patience and can develop our prospects properly, you don't think Schroeder will be given every opportunity to improve?

Connauton never got a call up either. Nor did Bill Sweatt. Gillis is letting them develop.

Maybe because he's not ready for the NHL level that's why he's in the AHL hmmmm??? Maybe to get more experience? Hmmmmm I don't know maybe we have a full roster right now with the canucks? Jeez I don't know.

You've still avoided the fact that you have not posted any solid evidence that there's a so called "Dark cloud" around him before being drafted, the major concern was the SIZE factor of JS.

JS has pretty unspectacular numbers with Manitoba. Not terrible, but not as good as I had hoped. To be fair he has had a lot of injuries to deal with.

The only prospect out of Manitoba, outside of Tanev and Sauve, who has impressed me is Billy Sweatt. The fact that he is second on the team in scoring yet still brings a strong defensive presense is comforting. I think he could develop into a solid 3rd liner with offensive ability.

It would have been nice to see what Hodgson and JS could have done without injuries. Their numbers don't exactly scream "blue-chip offensive prospect".

Schroeder's had the short end of the stick as far as linemates go for the majority of the season, but it's clear he has a lot of talent when you see him live. he looked really good when he was paired up with Cody and Bill (before both of their injuries) and I REALLY hope that line is reunited tonight since Oreo has been called up.

As far as cody goes, it's clear he sees the game better than everyone on the ice, and he directs his linemates during the play (numerous times on the rush I saw him telling his wingers where to dump the puck, if they should hold it, or pass it).

Schroeder gets short end of stick because he isnt playing good at all. Glad this prospect isn't being coddled because he's a 1st rounder.

yea who wants to give our 1st round picks a chance to play with actual line mates?

Is this Arclights alter ego? The Schroeder hating troll?

yea who wants to give our 1st round picks a chance to play with actual line mates?

Is this Arclights alter ego? The Schroeder hating troll?

puckbunny hates all our prospects, and has "called them out" numerous times. no one is safe from her trolling...

puckbunny hates all our prospects, and has "called them out" numerous times. no one is safe from her trolling...

I don't know whats more sad.

1. A girl trolling on a forum.

2. Trolling prospects in their 1st year in Pro Hockey

3. Or the fact that it could be a guy.

:lol:

I don't know whats more sad.

1. A girl trolling on a forum.

2. Trolling prospects in their 1st year in Pro Hockey

3. Or the fact that it could be a guy.

:lol:

even if puckbunny has a y chromosome, (s)he's still an uninformed troll, and I refuse to acknowledge her last part of her name, since that's one thing she most definitely is not.

I not a fan of Schroeder because he floats around too much. Hard to respect a player that doesn't play hard every night.

Have you played Pro Hockey in your life? Maybe you should respect him because he puts in hard work everyday to live his dream.... and you know entertains people while doing so. That "floater" works harder then most that post on an internet forum. :emot-parrot:

Maybe before you over criticize a 20 yr old playing his 1st yr of pro hockey you should look at yourself and ask "What right do I have to criticize a professional athlete?" because Im guessing the answer will be "No right".

This guy is an epic bust

Hasn't played consistent hockey since his rookie year in college.

The Canucks are extremely fortunate to have Jordan Schroeder in their prospect pool, considering they drafted him 22nd overall. Schroeder was one of the top ranked prospects in the 2009 draft (5th for North American skaters if I'm not mistaken) and the fact that the Canucks were able to select him with the 22nd overall pick is astounding.

Mike Gillis, who has done a superb job so far here in Vancouver, is a strong supporter of acquiring players with good character. He obviously saw something in Schroeder and drafted him for a reason. My gut tells me his judgment is a hell of a lot better than yours.

Schroeder has great offensive talent and is going to be a very good player in this league. If he's not producing points like crazy right now cut him some slack. It's his first year as a pro. Just because he isn't tearing it up in the minors doesn't mean he's a bust. He is still developing.

Please stop littering this thread with your trolling... as a female fan myself, I am embarrassed by your ignorance.

Archived