The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

Tampa assigns forward Nathan Gerbe to the minors.

Chicago, you are well over $5 million over the salary cap at the moment. Please check the cap sheet to see your team's cap situation. You must shed over $5.2 million in cap by tonight at 11:59 PM PST if you wish to earn pool points for tomorrow's games.

Rate my fantasy team?

Forwards: Semin, Kovalchuk, Parise, Zajac, Kesler, Sharp, Wolski, Knuble, Paajarvi (put him there for opening night since he's playing), Bolland

Defence: Lidstrom, Rafalski, Edler, Yandle, Greene (Andy, not mike green), Schultz (Jeff)

Goalies: Anderson & Brodeur

I think there is a big issue of racism between Ovie and Sid as well. So many Canadians hate Ovechkin simply because he is Russian. If he Ovechkin was Canadian and Crosby was Russian, Crosby would have been kicked out of the league by now and forced to the KHL...

The guy is not a "likable" character, his style of play isn't as entertaining, nor is it respectful when he whines... I can't think of any other major player rivalries either. But guys like Pronger and Bertuzzi were ones that were hated by everyone... but thats not between two players.

Wow..Crosby is a better all round player hands down..plus Gretzky used to "whine" all the time to..I personally don't like the word "whine"..call it a passion for winning and being fiercely competitive..

^^ Got it.

Scott Gomez has cleared waivers and may now be assigned to the minors.

Columbus, you also have 2 starting goalies in Pekka Rinne and Jonas Hiller, who both expect starting level minutes. They will not be happy to split starts and so it would be advisable to move one of them in the near future to avoid having one goalie demand a trade.

Assigned Kaleta to the Farm.laugh.gif

Yeah I got that ;)

Ottawa, you are also over $3.7 million over the salary cap at the moment. You have until 11:59 PM PST tonight to rectify that situation, or your team will not receive any pool points for every day that your team remains over the salary cap.

San Jose, you currently have 3 goalies on your active roster, but the limit is 2. You must either trade or waive one of your goalies or your team will not receive any pool points as long as your roster is not valid. You also have only 19 players that actually have NHL contract right now, which isn't against the rules, but you're not gonna be earning a whole lot of points when half your roster isn't playing in the NHL....

I got offered two trades...

Team A: Stamkos, Semin

Team B: Kovalchuk, Richards

Who wins?

and

Team A: Stamkos, Semin

Team B: Kovalchuk, Gaborik

Who wins?

Which team wins in these two trades?

Trade 1: Whoever is getting Stamkos, Semin wins.

Trade 2: Whoever is getting Stamkos, Semin wins.

Vancouver, you currently have 3 NHL-level goalies, although one of them, Ondrej Pavelec, is not eligible for waivers. In order to keep your roster in compliance with league rules, he has automatically been assigned to your minor league affiliate, but seeing as Ondrej is a 1A/1B level NHL goalie, he won't be happy to be buried in your minor league roster for long. I recommend you rectify your goalie situation in the near future.

Alright, the basics for the cap sheets are more-or-less complete now! I still have to enter contract details (# of years, clauses, waiver eligibility, etc) for some teams, but I'll get to that later. You can check your team's cap situation here.

Please check your team's cap sheet and ensure that I have made no errors and haven't missed any roster moves you've announced in the thread. If I have, let me know and I'll look into it, thanks.

Teams that are still not compliant with league roster rules:

Chicago ($5+ million over cap)

Ottawa ($3.7 million over cap)

San Jose (3 waiver-eligible goalies)

These teams must rectify their respective situations as soon as possible; for every day that their roster is not compliant with league rules, they will not earn any pool points for that day.

I'm now going to finish the Pickuphockey rosters (except for teams that are not compliant with league roster rules at the moment). I should finish that up soon, and as soon as it's ready, I'll post the link here.

I'll be getting to the UFA contract offers tomorrow (hopefully).

If you guys have any other questions or concerns, or think I missed something that you announced earlier, just let me know.

The Pickuphockey stat-tracking site is now up! Go to http://www.pickuphockey.com and use this login:

Pool Name: The Fantasy GM Pool

Password: canucks

I have not included the rosters for Chicago, Ottawa or San Jose, as they are not compliant with league roster rules as of right now. As soon as they are compliant, I will add their rosters.

Good luck to everyone!

The Ottawa Senators have no choice but to waive Patrick Elias and Patrick O'Sullivan.

Corey Perry [5.325] - Ryan Getzlaf [5.235] - Marian Hossa [5.275]

Tomas Holmstrom [1.875] - Antoine Vermette [3.750] - Ray Whitney [3.0]

Milan Hejduk [3.0] - Artem Anisimov [.821] - Tomas Kopecky [1.2]

Dan Carcillo [1.075]] - Tuomo Ruutu [3.8] - Jarkko Ruutu [1.3]

Kris Letang [3.5] - Keith Ballard [4.2]

Bryan McCabe [5.750] - Kyle Quincey [3.125]

Niklas Hjalmarsson [3.5] - Marc Staal [3.975]

Brad Stuart [3.750]

Marc Andre Fleury [5.0]

Dwayne Roloson [2.5]

Cap Hit: 71.046M

Cap Space:0.354k

Ottawa is now compliant with league roster rules and will not be penalized.

Chicago and San Jose are still not compliant, however. They will likely forfeit their pool points earned from tomorrow's games and potentially more if they don't rectify this issue soon.

Now I'm off to bed... up till 3 AM working on this tends to be pretty exhausting bored.gif

Archived