The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Hockey Pool Question and Advice Thread (Your thread missing? Likely merged here)

b3.

I find it funny that Legen_dary calls him up, and then he gets sent to the hospital with a concussion, is that not funny?

Just bad luck, kind of a bizarre injury. Does anyone even know why he collapsed? Was it a heart thing like cherapanov? or was it just he "fainted"?

Just bad luck, kind of a bizarre injury. Does anyone even know why he collapsed? Was it a heart thing like cherapanov? or was it just he "fainted"?

Sounds like just a weird feinting spell. From all reports they tested his heart brain and lungs for reasons and all came back negative; so he's perfectly healthy.

Just one of those freak things.

WAIVERS:

The Chicago Blackhawks waive Tom Poti and Martin Havlat. We are now under salary cap compliance.

Claim Havlat.

EDIT: Nashville would also like to call up C Zac Dalpe from their minor league affiliate; and place him on the active roster.

Nashville would also like to place:

RW Kyle Okposo

C Robbie Schremp

RW Arron Asham

onto IR.

Now I have too much LWs.... I need to pick up a C :blink:

Who should I drop?

Parise (obviously not)

Marleau (C,LW) (not dropping him too)

MacArthur

Booth

Filatov

Who should I add?

M. Savard (injured)

S. Weiss

T. Connolly

D. Krejci

S. Gomez

J. Arnott

A. Vermette

A. Steen

P. Bergeron

T.J Oshie

R. J Umberger

S. Horcoff

D. Stepan

T. Brent

J. Bailet ?

M. Letestu ?

E. Tangradi?

I can't decide on who to pick up off the free agents list...(I'm dropping Morrow...did an auto draft and ranked him a bit too high by mistake)

Jeff Carter

Vincent Lecavalier

Anze Kopitar

or Ryan Kesler

The scoring system is:

Goals (G) 3

Assists (A) 2

Powerplay Points (PPP) 1

Shorthanded Points (SHP) 2

Game-Winning Goals (GWG) 1

Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.4

Faceoffs Won (FW) 0.4

Hits (HIT) 0.4

Blocks (BLK) 0.4

Also, should I swap Michael Del Zotto for Alex Goligoski?

Now I have too much LWs.... I need to pick up a C :blink:

Who should I drop?

Parise (obviously not)

Marleau (C,LW) (not dropping him too)

MacArthur

Booth

Filatov

Who should I add?

M. Savard (injured)

S. Weiss

T. Connolly

D. Krejci

S. Gomez

J. Arnott

A. Vermette

A. Steen

P. Bergeron

T.J Oshie

R. J Umberger

S. Horcoff

D. Stepan

T. Brent

J. Bailet ?

M. Letestu ?

E. Tangradi?

Drop MacArthur and pick up Bailey or Krejci

Hello everyone,

I have long been a fan of both CDC and the Canucks. I grew up watching through the good times and the bad. I was fortunate enough to see Bure and Linden, Lumme was actually my favorite player at the time believe it or not.

Anyways, I have finally made the plunge to create an account and create my first topic as I am in dire need of some advise.

My friends and I (10 of us total) decided to do a hockey draft this year. I received 2nd pick, required was 1 goalie, 3 defenseman, and 8 forwards. 1 Trade allowed for the entire year. This was a draft pool but salary cap was not considered.

My picks in order:

-H.Sedin

-V.Lecavalier

-M.Richards

-C.Perry

-M.Andre Fleury

-M.Cammellari

-Z.Chara

-P.Elias

-B.Rafalski

-D.Brassard

-S.Doan

-B.Seabrook

Now my questions is with B.Rafalski injured and set to be out 4-6 weeks do I risk trading him in immediately or do I save the trade for later on down the road when someone has a season ending injury. The defenseman with the most points from last year not currently picked in that draft that I can trade for is Erik Johnson and he I believe is playing top line minutes this year on the powerplay as well. I just can't decide if I pull the trigger or not.... On one hand Rafalski may come back after 5 weeks and produce on the other I could take Johnson under my wing and pray none of my other players get hurt...

What does CDC think? What do you guys think of my picks? Was H.Sedin the right way to go after Ovechkin? Go easy as well it's my first post towel.gif

Thanks,

Guest AriGold

As a serious Hockey pooler i would trade Rafalski now. 10 people and 3 D each means top 30 D. You can get a nice pick still if you trade in. Look at the current points of D men not chosen and pick from it.

Its my 2 cents.

Other than Elias you dont have a injury prone team so i woudl say take the gamble.

Archived