The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Interesting questions, #1 tells me Bxa is not durable, so a short term contract will be in the best interest of the team that signs him.

#2, Did PP time enhance the consistent 40 pt getter with 50 this year Hoff's stats? Maybe, but the Nuck's showed us in the reg season they could score a ton of goals on the PPthere were numerous career years, ie. Danny, Kes .

Hoff is durable, but did miss some games this year and the PP took a nose dive when he was out. Then in SCF, he's playing without his shot, due to his shoulder, and the PP sinks to a -1, in 32 opportunities. lol its a good thing PP stats don't affect your +/-, I think Bxa was on the PP on all 3 shorties in the SCF.IMO the Nuck's need Hoff more than the Hoff needs the Nucks. Whereas Bxa can walk and be more easily replaced by a younger, bigger more mobile guy, or even a guy like Wiz.

You do enjoy your hate glasses. No, Canucklelion, your beloved Ehrhoff was on the ice for the shortie of Game 7, and made the gaff that led to the goal.

All you do is annoy people with your hate for Bieksa. You absolutely refuse to look at him objectively and see what he contributes. You seemed to disappear entirely for months because Bieksa was blowing everyone's mind with his stellar play and even you couldn't find anything bad to say about him.

Wherever you went, go back. I don't care if your opinion differs from mine, and you're welcome to voice it. What bothers me is how blind you choose to be and you preach your perception of the world as though it's the truth.

edit: spelling mistake

You do enjoy your hate glasses. No, Canucklelion, your beloved Ehrhoff was on the ice for the shortie of Game 7, and made the gaff that led to the goal.

All you do is annoy people with your hate for Bieksa. You absolutely refuse to look at him objectively and see what he contributes. You seemed to disappear entirely for months because Bieksa was blowing everyone's mind with his stellar play and even you couldn't find anything bad to say about him.

Wherever you went, go back. I don't care if your opinion differs from mine, and you're welcome to voice it. What bothers me is how blind you choose to be and you preach your perception of the world as though it's the truth.

edit: spelling mistake

The truth is for the last 3 post seasons the Nuck's have been found lacking on the back end, be it thru attrition from injury or otherwise, they just haven't had the horses to do the job. Talk about love/hate goggles, there were many normally logical posters on this thread, saying things like Bxa is a Norris caliber guy or Bxa is in the running for the Conn Smythe, or Bxa is the Nuck's best Dman. Those type of ridiculous comments are what prompts me to take the opposite point of view.

Sure the Nuck's need some size, grit + toughness on the back end. That's because Bxa couldn't do the job in that role. He's too small, heck he couldn't even frustrate or intimidate Marchand, let alone Lucic. However the Nuck's do need a durable, consistent, puck mover back there as well. That's why I value the Hoff much more so than what Bxa brings to the team.

I wish bieksa all the best whatever team he chooses.

He's been a serviceable Dman here and then some.

Frankly many if not the majority of fans don't deserve his services. Especially after the ridiculousness last summer. Of course they will tell you otherwise until he has a bad game.

Talk about love/hate goggles, there were many normally logical posters on this thread, saying things like Bxa is a Norris caliber guy or Bxa is in the running for the Conn Smythe, or Bxa is the Nuck's best Dman. Those type of ridiculous comments are what prompts me to take the opposite point of view.

Ridiculous comments?

How about "Career AHLer" or "playing in Europe next season"? See if you can recall the bozo who made those "ridiculous" statements earlier in this very thread.

<br /><br /><br />

ROFLMAO .. too funny .. Bieksa thrives with an anchor like Hammy .. w/o him not so much .. :D

I have to say you're wrong... sort of.

He did fine without him in the regular season and he did fine with him in the finals unless the entire team was imploding. In a pile of Diarrhea Bieksa was a nugget of solid in what our D became in the finals.

Like any other offensive player he should be paired with a guy who's going to anchor that line. Same thing goes for Edler and especially for Ehrhoff. That doesn't say anything about him just that style of player.

I have to say you're wrong... sort of.

He did fine without him in the regular season and he did fine with him in the finals unless the entire team was imploding. In a pile of Diarrhea Bieksa was a nugget of solid in what our D became in the finals.

Like any other offensive player he should be paired with a guy who's going to anchor that line. Same thing goes for Edler and especially for Ehrhoff. That doesn't say anything about him just that style of player.

To paraphrase the phrase that will be forever linked to this past SCF's, You and a few others sure like to "pump Bxa's tires".

I think you pumped his tires so much during this past, his best regular season evah so much that when the Hammer went down and Bxa had to step up... it turned out he was full of hot air. I say let him go and pay that kind of money to a real Nhler.biggrin.gif

Ugh! The rumor today is that MG will announce a Bxa deal soon and he's taking a serious run at the Hoff as well. Sounds like the Bxa deal is in the bag, I wonder how much and for how long? Hopefully his contract is like his physical play, short and cheap. lol

Ugh! The rumor today is that MG will announce a Bxa deal soon and he's taking a serious run at the Hoff as well. Sounds like the Bxa deal is in the bag, I wonder how much and for how long? Hopefully his contract is like his physical play, short and cheap. lol

Hopefully MG locks him up for the next 6 years

Archived