The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Bumping this thread....

Thinking this is going to be a breakout game for Kevin and his fellow D-Men. They have to start putting some points on the board. Both Kevin and Christian can rush the puck down the ice and flip it to a trailing forward with the other forward covering for them on the blue line. Alex and Sami need to unload their formidable shots from the point and Roberto has to be ready for some odd -man rushes in his side of the rink.

Prediction: A lot of LUUUUU chants in a good way tonight and the D-Men lead by Kevin will provide much needed scoring punch as well.

<br />Bumping this thread....<br /><br />Thinking this is going to be a breakout game for Kevin and his fellow D-Men. They have to start putting some points on the board. Both Kevin and Christian can rush the puck down the ice and flip it to a trailing forward with the other forward covering for them on the blue line. Alex and Sami need to unload their formidable shots from the point and Roberto has to be ready for some odd -man rushes in his side of the rink. <br /><br />Prediction: A lot of  LUUUUU chants in a good way tonight and the D-Men lead by Kevin will provide much needed scoring punch as well. <br /><br /><br />
&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br />They all rose to the challenge as a team lead by Roberto, great team defence and a smart play that scored the goal. All the leaders came up big in different ways tonight - Kevin was involved in a key moment once again. How can that be disputed anymore by the naysayers. Also, his dry wit regarding Chris Tanev &quot;...looks like he could play with a cigarette in his hand - he's so cool and collected&quot; (something to that affect and he's right, Chris is a cool cat). <br /><br />One more win....

It's easy to point to the last two games and say that "key" cogs on this team had tough games. I'm a huge Bieksa supporter but this team was built on TEAM Defence. I think Kevin was trying to do more in games 3 & 4 to compensate for the pressure that D core was under. Kevin is very well respected for his candor, accountability and using his humour to put perspective on a bad game. Of course, Dan is an amazing D-Man and they work really well together.

However, if Kevin was out with an injury, I don't think Dan would have faired any better in the same circumstances in games 3 & 4. Take your hate or like bias out of it, and we all know that the only way we can win two more games is if the forwards support the D-men and Roberto makes timely saves (which has done all playoffs long). Kevin is playing really well - but, he like his partners Christian and Alex are all playing hurt. They are still smart enough to use their considerable skills and grit (edge) to counteract the Bruins hard hits (often dirty play). The key is to play a 60 min (or more) game. Kevin is not overrated - he's a smart player - but he has to keep his composure and lead the Defence corps by example. Hank, Ryan, Manny and Roberto have to do the same. I really believe they will. There is no pointing fingers in the dressing room - these guys are bros, they stand together. They will have a rebound game.

This.

Hamhuis is a good Dman but its tiring any time Bieksa has a bad game and Hamhuis happens to not be playing its beacause Hamhuis isnt there which of course is part of the argument that hamhuis is the reason for Bieksas good season.

Sure Hamhuis is part of the reason. So is the fact that the team overall is better.

I agree. I think Hamhuis wouldnt have made a lick of a difference in game 3-4. In fact if people actually watch the games without buying into the taglines etc theyd see hamhuis makes his share of mistakes. Boston exposed us because the forward group were sh@t with there D play in all 3 zones.

The way some people make hamnhuis out to be youd think he was a Norris trophy winning Dman like Weber.

Ehrhoff, Edler, Beksa, Hamhuis, Salo, and Ballard if he gets his game back are all in the same sort of level of playing capabilities. Just some get over rated while others will always struggle to get full appreciation. Everytime Bieksa has a bad or not so good game its back to "theres the Bieksa of old" or "Bieksa can play without a good partner" (like any Dman not named Weber, Keith can).

Does Bieksa get credit for Edler playing better than he has in a while tonight?

Bieksa has a great game 5, is solid defensively and made a great bank play of the boards to lapierre to win us the game. So Canucklelion, can you at least admit he played a great game today without Hamhuis?

No he won't because he is a loser. I'm not even sure how he can claim to be a fan of this team. His hate for Bieksa is irrational leading me to believe he's (she's) an old girlfriend that Bieksa dumped in high school.

Bieksa was Bieksallent. A clever assist on the most important goal to date in these playoffs.:towel:

No he won't because he is a loser. I'm not even sure how he can claim to be a fan of this team. His hate for Bieksa is irrational leading me to believe he's (she's) an old girlfriend that Bieksa dumped in high school.

Bieksa was Bieksallent. A clever assist on the most important goal to date in these playoffs.:towel:

I would like to add to this comment for all the people who complain that the coaching staff "never makes adjustments".

Kevin Bieksa stated in an interview after the game, that they had been working on this play for a few games in an attempt to counteract Thomas' penchant for challenging the shooter aggressively.

Although this was certainly not the first, or only adjustment made by the coaches in these playoffs, it was a shining example of one that worked exactly the way it was supposed to.

Kudos to Juice and the coaching staff....

So again in game 4 Bxa showed why he is not worth bringing back to the Nuck's next year. He can't play defense, and what is the PP like with his weak inaccurate shot on the point, 1 for 23. The guy is brutal.

I find it amazing there is still people like this. The guy puts togther a playoff run with a outside chance of winning the Conn Smythe, has clearly been the overall best Dman of the 2011 playoffs and people still call him brutal... it goes to show you that if your not absolutely perfect all the time your not good enough to play in Vancouver I guess.

I find it amazing there is still people like this. The guy puts togther a playoff run with a outside chance of winning the Conn Smythe, has clearly been the overall best Dman of the 2011 playoffs and people still call him brutal... it goes to show you that if your not absolutely perfect all the time your not good enough to play in Vancouver I guess.

Not really Al.

CANUCKELION's been talking smack about Juice all season long, and unlike his cronies who slunk off to crawl back under their respective rocks months ago, he's just too stubborn to admit that he's been talking out of his posterior for eight solid months.

I would like to add to this comment for all the people who complain that the coaching staff "never makes adjustments".

Kevin Bieksa stated in an interview after the game, that they had been working on this play for a few games in an attempt to counteract Thomas' penchant for challenging the shooter aggressively.

Although this was certainly not the first, or only adjustment made by the coaches in these playoffs, it was a shining example of one that worked exactly the way it was supposed to.

Kudos to Juice and the coaching staff....

Really? Bxa said that? here is the transcript from an interview.." “I'm no geometry whiz, but (Tim Thomas is) out so far I was just looking to get the puck off the boards and hope for a break," said Kevin Bieksa. "We've tried that a few times and tonight we got a break."

He wqas just keeping the puck in the zone and Max lapierre made a play, he turned a sow's ear into a silk purse. I think it was the only time in the game when after the puck left Bxa's stick it didn't end up on a Bruins stick. lol

Not really Al.

CANUCKELION's been talking smack about Juice all season long, and unlike his cronies who slunk off to crawl back under their respective rocks months ago, he's just too stubborn to admit that he's been talking out of his posterior for eight solid months.

so thats why his breath smells like that!

Really? Bxa said that? here is the transcript from an interview.." “I'm no geometry whiz, but (Tim Thomas is) out so far I was just looking to get the puck off the boards and hope for a break," said Kevin Bieksa. "We've tried that a few times and tonight we got a break."

He wqas just keeping the puck in the zone and Max lapierre made a play, he turned a sow's ear into a silk purse. I think it was the only time in the game when after the puck left Bxa's stick it didn't end up on a Bruins stick. lol

"Tried that a few times" means it's a set play in Bieksa's repertoire.

Bieksa had plenty of time and options; he could have shot it along the boards and put it into the trapezoid; he could have passed it off to Edler. Instead, he banked it off the back boards and towards an open Lapierre.

This move is an 8/10 on the Sedin level.

However you try and spin it, Bieksa shot wide intentionally, hoping for a bounce off the back boards to Lappy, who was there for exactly that reason.

A planned play that anyone with an ounce of hockey sense would realize that Bieksa (and the coaching staff) deserve credit for.

However you try and spin it, Bieksa shot wide intentionally, hoping for a bounce off the back boards to Lappy, who was there for exactly that reason.

A planned play that anyone with an ounce of hockey sense would realize that Bieksa (and the coaching staff) deserve credit for.

Certainly was. Healy/Simpson got it right.

"the shot going wide here, on purpose, a great bounce, and Thomas, for a split second thought he had it."

Archived