The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hat Trick Maker

So far I had 2 companions die in my little journey's. One I killed accidentally... he got in my way during a fight... the other was just lost in a dungeon and I assume he was killed because I could take another follower.

Great game, worth the buy.... so many things to do.

Not an online game, WoW would be the online equivalent I think (since I've never played WoW)

It is worth it to get, some people might get frustrated at having to level up their character, getting items, etc. but that is half the fun for me.

-I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the hardbound strategy guide since it looks so cool, good reviews on it. It has ribbon bookmarks with it, that right there is a nice touch.

Hearing lots of good things about the game . For someone like me who has never played this series .. Is it worth the buy? Also .. Is it online ,?

Worth the buy. You can get 100+ hours on it easily. You don't need to play the last series to know this one.

Everything in this game is hand crafted, you can basically pick up anything. There are even hundreds of books where you can read to have a better understanding of the lore in the Elder Scrolls.

This is a rated M game for a reason though. Some of the quests in it are just sick. Let's just say in one quest I had to track down a serial killer... turns out the serial killer was operating in my house that I just bought behind a secret wardrobe. What did I find there? Let's just say after I finished the quest I had a secret closet in my house that was filled with bones, body parts and a dead killer.

Worth the buy, and If you like medieval stories and political intrigue this game has it all. It's more of an "Epic Fantasy" if you know what I mean.

I'm Level 17, and apparently you aren't supposed to try to fight Frost Dragons until later on in the game. That's pretty good information right there. Frost Dragons deal a lot of damage, and I've managed to kill 2.

The first one I found a building that I could hide in and just basically shoot arrows at him whenever he hovers.....then heal when he flies back out into the air. He ended up landing on the ground and just staying in the same position while not attacking me....so I shot like 20 arrows in a row at him and killed him. I guess he glitched out a bit.

The 2nd one, I was running away from and ended up at a huge camp that was full of Harbingers and these other people who wore these Deer helmets. So basically....the Harbingers and the other guys weren't attacking me at all, they attacked each other. When the dragon got there both groups of people started attacking the dragon....it was an awesome sight to see. This giant frost dragon flying over 20 creatures with tents everywhere while getting attacked by arrows and magic. I just waited...and they killed it. I was very lucky that the thing died right outside the camp, because I was in no way able to kill off all of those creatures.

6 dragons down!

So far I had 2 companions die in my little journey's. One I killed accidentally... he got in my way during a fight... the other was just lost in a dungeon and I assume he was killed because I could take another follower.

Great game, worth the buy.... so many things to do.

My two companions decided to turn on me and tried to kill me. :lol:

By companions do you guys mean you hired people to adventure with you, or is there actually people that just join you?

Usually when you do a favor for someone they can become a companion.. you can ask them to follow you! Give them armor, etc!

There are a lot of people you can do this! Also if the Jarl makes you a Thane (minor noble) in a city, you will get a housecarl to stay in your house...

I'm just angry that I infested so much to this one companion, I gave him armor that matched mine, a sword that had a name... and then I accidentally killed him. Of course I looted his body in the end and left him nude only with his underwear in the road... but... it was just a waste :D

Usually when you do a favor for someone they can become a companion.. you can ask them to follow you! Give them armor, etc!

There are a lot of people you can do this! Also if the Jarl makes you a Thane (minor noble) in a city, you will get a housecarl to stay in your house...

I'm just angry that I infested so much to this one companion, I gave him armor that matched mine, a sword that had a name... and then I accidentally killed him. Of course I looted his body in the end and left him nude only with his underwear in the road... but... it was just a waste :D

My housecarl unfortunately died by jumping off a cliff...

dem suicides... :/

I just went to try and get the collector's edition strategy guide book. I live in Southern Georgia so I figure that not many people would get it. It wasn't in the two stores that are half an hour from my house, it's not in the two stores another half an hour in the other direction. I looked online last night at the website and it said their were copies available. It still says there are copies available when I look now. I tried to reserve a copy in store but they said they can't do that. But I was able to reserve one online.

blink.gif

Hopefully it comes in tomorrow.

I've heard that just the game play itself without all the side missions is about 200 hours

emot-parrot.gif

Yup, while the main story line can be completed within 3 hours...

emot-parrot.gif

Skyrim can be beaten in just over two hours (if you're a developer)

by David Hinkle writer_rss.gif on Oct 13th 2011 2:45PM

skyrimspeedrun530px.jpg

It's true: in two hours and change, Sam Bernstein, a member of Bethesda's QA team, managed to reach the end of the main campaign in Skyrim. Sam's time was 2:16:10, a mere 20 seconds faster than his competition, level designer Jeff Browne. The two are actually no stranger to the Bethesda speed run circuit, having participated in a similar event a few years ago in Fallout 3, in which Sam was also victorious.

So what does Sam win, aside from immortal glory on a video game blog? Well, he gets a pumpkin pie from Todd Howard and he also gets the trophy you see above. What's Dragon-speak for "winner?"

http://www.joystiq.c...oure-a-develop/

Guest gumballthechewy

^^^ What this guy said!!!

I never got into any of the elder scrolls games but I did play Fallout 3 for hours and hours and finished the game multiple times. Do you think I would enjoy this game just as much?

It depends, I think Skyrim is more like Fallout that Oblivion, if you think you would like a Fallout type game with swords, magic & dragons then you would probably like it, but be prepared to sink a lot of hours into it though... there is a lot to it!

I don't think anyone should question buying this game. Just get it.

I mean, the thrill of getting a random dragon encounter is awesome. You're just walking along trying to get to your next destination....and in comes a dragon.

I once was going somewhere for a quest, and ended up finding this cool looking place in which I explored for over an hour. Lol.

Well I obtained a Housecarl, the one from the 1st dragon killing mission in the main story line, but when I asked her to join me she said I alrady had someone.huh.gif Like I said before I have never had a companion, so I don't know what to do about that lol.

Well I obtained a Housecarl, the one from the 1st dragon killing mission in the main story line, but when I asked her to join me she said I alrady had someone.huh.gif Like I said before I have never had a companion, so I don't know what to do about that lol.

There's a quest where some guy asks to tag along, the tree quest. If you agree, he counts as a companion, I guess. I just got him killed. :D

Archived