The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Earthquake?

Madness

<br />Twitter is always great at the beginning, but eventually it just becomes RT's of RT's of RT's and you don't know if you're getting new or old information.<br /><br />There's always people late to the party who caption with &quot;BREAKING NEWS&quot; and it's 2 days old.<br /><br />This has been very valuable for me:<br /><br /><a href='http://live.reuters.com/Event/Japan_earthquake2' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://live.reuters....pan_earthquake2</a><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Thank you! I agree about twitter but @W7VOA is a reporter who is in Fukushima and gives frequent updates on the situation at the site.

there are conflicting reports about the seriousness of the nuclear reactor problems in japan..it says on reuters and bbc twitter feed that 5 nuclear reactors in all have failed at two different plants..this is serious if true since there are also images showing the fallout would head directly towards us in about 10 days..not sure what to make about this since there are other reports on twitter that say its under control..anybody else read this?..kinda scary!!..theres also a picture showing the fallout map..cant post pics cuz im on iphone,im sure some of you have seen it tho :frantic:

Edited by Bure 17

there are conflicting reports about the seriousness of the nuclear reactor problems in japan..it says on reuters and bbc twitter feed that 5 nuclear reactors in all have failed at two different plants..this is serious if true since there are also images showing the fallout would head directly towards us in about 10 days..not sure what to make about this since there are other reports on twitter that say its

under control..anybody else read this?..kinda scary!!..theres also a picture showing the fallout map..cant post pics cuz im on iphone,im sure some of you have seen it tho :frantic:

Well thats scary...

yes la mode,thats the pic i saw...it's causing quite a scare on the westcoast right now..im glad its fake but there still are conflicting reports about whats going on at these nuclear plants..to me that means it's not good news..

awww man..i gotta get off twitter..cant pull myself away..scary reports coming out.. :( and the people that are tweeting about this being karma for japan..shame on you!!!...absolutely disgusting!!..very scary cuz i cant even comprehend that type of mindset..on twitter pearl harbour is a trending topic..that is disgusting in itself :mad:

Meltdown may be under way, officials are reporting this.

btw this pic is a hoax done this morning, people thought it was real because it matches up with the jetstream.

1299915336277.jpg

What a hilariously pathetic scare-mongering tactic of a map.

750 RADS (Btw RADS are rarely used anymore) has like a 0% chance of survival.

Edited by -Goose-

<br />What a hilariously pathetic scare-mongering tactic of a map.<br /><br />750 RADS (Btw RADS are rarely used anymore) has like a 0% chance of survival.<br />

Well, if people didn't know that and it's unlikely they would, you could see how it would be effective into fooling people.

THANK YOU SO MUCH to some of you who sent out kind prayers! My best friend, her husband, and their 6-year-old daughter are safe at one of the evacuation center in Sendai-City, Miyagi Prefecture right now... still lack of food, water, and no electricity but my mother got a hold of her parents, just got the news this morning. smile.gif

However another aftershock just hit Miyagi Prefecture with 5+ magnitude... I continue to pray for their safety...

Article from the Globe and Mail - Japan’s response to quake offers lessons to the world

Worth reading, I think. Especially the part about the cell phones. "major cell-phone companies restricted access to voice calls in certain networks as part of a national strategy to maintain airspace for emergency service personnel. But text message and email systems remained functional".

Trying to stay positive. :)