The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Earthquake?

Madness

2 hours ago, Gurn said:

I'm set up for about a month, but it is currently a very skimpy month.-time to restock the canned goods

Lot's of rice, pasta and a few canned goods.

Water is a  city pipe, usually has a pump pressurizing the line, but still flows without power; and a creek 1 block away.

Little things can become important- if you have a cell phone, can you charge it in your car? or only at the house?

How much gas do you usually carry in your tank- without  power getting gas will be extremely hard, how to pump it, and pay for it.?

How good is your first aid kit?

Iirc correctly there is a 'prepper' thread around here some place, likely lots of tips there.

I bought a few generators , some solar panels. with usb connects and AC...Biggest prob might be clean water so I have jugs and jugs upon those and some RME rations..Also stocked up on supersoakers in case any one tries to act funny! ::D

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, it's 2023, so I'm assuming we'll all put on our jetpacks and zoom to another location. B)

Wait, what? We don't have jetpacks yet? We're all doomed. 

Well, we do have jet packs but just not for those without an extra $250k+ kicking around.

Thankfully there has been quite the developments in the field of psychedelics. I would suggest that right when the quake hits, down a large amount of Ketamine and you will zoom to whatever location you would like. At least you will think you have and the rest will be painless. 

• Cheers 3

• 4 weeks later...