The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

Anyone think they have to start looking at Robinson as coach..although he doesnt score the goals he really hasnt done anything since he has been head coach.

To me the lineup is never set..it changes so much from game to game...hard to get behind a team who you dont kinow who is playing half the time.

9 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Anyone think they have to start looking at Robinson as coach..although he doesnt score the goals he really hasnt done anything since he has been head coach.

To me the lineup is never set..it changes so much from game to game...hard to get behind a team who you dont kinow who is playing half the time.

Not yet.

A question:  who has the main responsibility for deciding which players to sign?  Would it be Robinson or would it be a higher up, like Bob L.?

6 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Not yet.

A question:  who has the main responsibility for deciding which players to sign?  Would it be Robinson or would it be a higher up, like Bob L.?

I think its both...but Bobby L shouldnt escape any criticism either.

5 hours ago, UnkNuk said:

Not yet.

I'm sure Robinson has some say, but it's mainly Greg Anderson, Bobby L, and the ownership group (Kerfoot seems to be the most involved). 

15 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Robinson also makes some very strange lineup decisions. He somehow makes a lot of changes without doing anything creative or effective

• Upvote 2

I'm still on board with Robbo. But I've questioned certain signings for a couple of years now and I'm convinced they have too many of the same type of player up front.

This and the fact that the team is in the bottom third of league payroll, refusing to spend on PROVEN attackers who know how to put the ball in the net.

There were lots of opinions about Kenny Miller, but even at his advanced age, you could see the quality he had and how he could score out of the smallest of chances.

I'm tired of the certain guys making the least out of so many quality chances. 

22 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

I'm still on board with Robbo. But I've questioned certain signings for a couple of years now and I'm convinced they have too many of the same type of player up front.

This and the fact that the team is in the bottom third of league payroll, refusing to spend on PROVEN attackers who know how to put the ball in the net.

There were lots of opinions about Kenny Miller, but even at his advanced age, you could see the quality he had and how he could score out of the smallest of chances.

I'm tired of the certain guys making the least out of so many quality chances. 

Yeah, I agree.

The club seems to be quite happy with mediocrity. The current strategy is to search the depths of South America and Asia for cheap players, and hope they find a gem. All the DP's right now are wasting their pots. There's absolutely no willingness to spend the money required to get an actual, proven, skilled DP. This means there's a revolving door of so-so players like Robson, Mattocks, Hassli, Jarju, Le Toux, Reo-Coker etc...

Unfortunately the one time the did find a gem, in Camilo, they let him walk due to embarrassing mismanagement. 

I wouldn't expect any changes for a long time with the current management. 

• Upvote 4

On 4/21/2016 at 6:29 AM, StealthNuck said:

Yeah, I agree.

The club seems to be quite happy with mediocrity. The current strategy is to search the depths of South America and Asia for cheap players, and hope they find a gem. All the DP's right now are wasting their pots. There's absolutely no willingness to spend the money required to get an actual, proven, skilled DP. This means there's a revolving door of so-so players like Robson, Mattocks, Hassli, Jarju, Le Toux, Reo-Coker etc...

Unfortunately the one time the did find a gem, in Camilo, they let him walk due to embarrassing mismanagement. 

I wouldn't expect any changes for a long time with the current management. 

Im not to excited about Manneh and Hurtado either..lots of speed but niether has any finish.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

Im not to excited about Manneh and Hurtado either..lots of speed but niether has any finish.

I said it a couple times last season to friends. Whitecaps are the most overrated team in the mls. I still stand by my words although Seattle and LA aren't far behind.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

I agree. The 'Caps are lacking a finisher up front and Manneh's feet are where promising chances go to die. 

The big problem in my mind is Rivero. He looked great in the first half of last season and has looked anything but, ever since. I think it's time to take him out of the starting 11. You have Kudo and Perez, Robbo. You might as well give them a shot, because what you're doing right now ain't working.

On 4/22/2016 at 10:02 AM, RUPERTKBD said:

I agree. The 'Caps are lacking a finisher up front and Manneh's feet are where promising chances go to die. 

The big problem in my mind is Rivero. He looked great in the first half of last season and has looked anything but, ever since. I think it's time to take him out of the starting 11. You have Kudo and Perez, Robbo. You might as well give them a shot, because what you're doing right now ain't working.

TFC went out and paid some cash and got themselves a proven goal scorer in Giovinco...2 more today...he is a big reason they are actually winning some games...these bargain basement pickups for the Caps are not paying off.

11 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

TFC went out and paid some cash and got themselves a proven goal scorer in Giovinco...2 more today...he is a big reason they are actually winning some games...these bargain basement pickups for the Caps are not paying off.

Same with the Impact getting Drogba.

Rivero wasn't terrible last night, but I think a 3 - nil win might have masked some lingering problems. A lucky OG, a corner that somehow fell to Harvey's feet....and how different might things have turned out if not for that fantastic reaction save from Ousted?

Meanwhile, Robinson brings in Perez and it takes him all of 30 seconds to be a difference maker....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

1-1 draw with Sporting last night. Disappointing to give up a lead, but with Waston sent off after 50 minutes, the club did well to preserve the draw. Take the point and run, I suppose.

It was odd - to me the Caps didn't seem to be a man short at all.

• 2 weeks later...