The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

DeMerit, Rochat and Boxall are a good start. They need a good right back that can attack and defend. I think the 'Caps biggest needs are a good holding midfielder and a good attacking midfielder.

You forgot Leathers... He's about as solid on the left side as you can get...

...why do I suddenly get the feeling Soehn is going to try Boxall on the right side one of these games?

You forgot Leathers... He's about as solid on the left side as you can get...

...why do I suddenly get the feeling Soehn is going to try Boxall on the right side one of these games?

Not a big Leathers fan... too many turnovers and he seems to lack communication with the rest of the back line and the keeper. Too many stupid fouls, as well. I would much rather have Rochat at left back.

I'd be surprised to see Boxall on the right. Who would be the replacement centre half? Greg Janicki would be my choice just based on height (6' 3").

towel.gif'Caps

Not a big Leathers fan... too many turnovers and he seems to lack communication with the rest of the back line and the keeper. Too many stupid fouls, as well. I would much rather have Rochat at left back.

I agree that Leathers lack communication at times, but other than that, he's solid. Communication will come as they play together more, now that it looks like we finally have some stability in the back and goal.

Leathers has his flaws, but his sheer determination, particularly after he makes a mistake, makes up for some. Because of his very high effort level he has shown that there are bigger concerns on the pitch than in his corner. I like the guy...

I'd be surprised to see Boxall on the right. Who would be the replacement centre half? Greg Janicki would be my choice just based on height (6' 3").

towel.gif'Caps

Leathers is mainly a RB except for when Soehn decides to try some of his weird experiments. He has been one of our most consistent players on the backline. I've seen every game and he's one of the last players I would complain about. I know he is not the best RB out there, but on a salary capped team and what he provides for his cost, he is one of the better options. With our top guys being injured or away quite often, he provides the most stability to our back line.

We have Harvey for LB. He hasn't particularly had many good showings, but hopefully with more time with the team and having a healthy DeMerit and Rochat, he can find the game he had in Philadelphia.

Janicki would be an okay sub, but he has been burned a lot. He has the right height to be a CB, but foot speed and the mind set to play with that speed is lacking. He could use more time to develop his MLS game, but he's 27 now, so there's not a whole lot more potential left.

Next home games at BC Place? How will seating be :S

Next home game is the last game at Empire, then there is the move to BC place. Seating has already been assigned for the season ticket holders. The sections of green, teal, aqua, etc. will be the same except at BC Place the front rows at the ends will be closer to the pitch than at Empire.