The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Tenacious

The Whitecaps have a perfectly capable Starting XI that can get a clean sheet. The problem is Carl won't play that XI in the second leg.

It'll probably depends on the results of our games against Sporting KC and FC Dallas. Get a minimum of 3 points from those two games and you're right, Carl likely won't play in the starting 11. Too many games in such a short period.

guys very few soccer player if that, plays 3whole games in 7nights unless he is a gk. Their bodies can't handle 2whole games never mind 3games. If they played the strongest 11 in 3games in a week. People would just complain how much we suck on the midweek then on the last game some people might have a heart attack (including the players ;) )

• Upvote 1

FTR, I agree with Robbo placing the emphasis on league play over these side competitions. That being said, I think the 'Caps are deep enough to win anyway.

Conceding two late goals is disheartening, but away goals are huge in these types of home and homes and I feel pretty good about going home level and two away goals to the good.