The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

I think the resolution from the Tyler Ennis fiasco was that if you catch yourself and edit your post before the first waiver claim, then you keep him, but as soon as the first claim is in, then you'd lose your player.

Guess I won't bother trying to claim any of these players on waivers... SJS, Minny and TB seem are all poaching them.

:P

I think the resolution from the Tyler Ennis fiasco was that if you catch yourself and edit your post before the first waiver claim, then you keep him, but as soon as the first claim is in, then you'd lose your player.

This is not completely accurate, though it seemed to be what was landed on while I was away. I forgot about addressing this one so thanks for the reminder.

Onus must remain on the GM making roster moves to do their due diligence and ensure the status of their players. The chart indication is a guideline but I simply cannot keep every single one 100% up to date. Taking 30 seconds to check the players status saves you a world of trouble.

With that said, everybody is human. This is why we are instituting a 5 minute grace period. We'll call it that window that a GM has when he makes a move, but quickly corrects a potential mistake before his lame assistant actually gets down to the fax machine to send it off to the league. If you make a mistake on a roster move and can correct it within this window, then we'll let it slide. However, if the player is claimed before you make the correction, even inside the 5 minute window, then the player is considered claimed.

As for the Ennis situation itself, it occurred before this rule was handed down so the Executive Committee's decision on that one will stand, with the site note that I must say the other execs were much nicer to Chicago than I likely would have been.

I'm sure I'm not explaining this clearly, so if anyone has any questions, feel free.

And yes, Dana Tyrell is on waivers.

No worries, there was a little mishap involving a rule forbidding teams to reach agreements with free agent players when they were actively in the World Juniors Tournament.

Signing was voided. Player has since signed with a team that is the better fit.

Congrats canuck2xtreme, very nice signing !

Wasn't the voided signing Wedgewood? :huh:

I think its funny this comes up every couple weeks when someone is waived of any perceived value whatsoever, if a team lower than you in the rankings claims a player your interested in, and therefore gets the player, then its working as intended. "Discarded players" which is what waivers really are...should go to the worst off teams so that they can try to improve themselves. If your not the worst off, then you don't the player as badly as the guy who got him. At times this sucks, i know, but I still believe it is the best way. I don't believe anyone would want to play a bottom feeder that is stuck there for years with no ways to improve over a few months, rather than years..i just don't see it happening.

Although I find it funny that one or two of the worst teams don't even bother checking the site to make waiver claimes once a day or week even....if i were the owners I would fire them.

No worries, there was a little mishap involving a rule forbidding teams to reach agreements with free agent players when they were actively in the World Juniors Tournament.

Signing was voided. Player has since signed with a team that is the better fit.

Congrats canuck2xtreme, very nice signing !

This is not completely accurate, though it seemed to be what was landed on while I was away. I forgot about addressing this one so thanks for the reminder.

Onus must remain on the GM making roster moves to do their due diligence and ensure the status of their players. The chart indication is a guideline but I simply cannot keep every single one 100% up to date. Taking 30 seconds to check the players status saves you a world of trouble.

With that said, everybody is human. This is why we are instituting a 5 minute grace period. We'll call it that window that a GM has when he makes a move, but quickly corrects a potential mistake before his lame assistant actually gets down to the fax machine to send it off to the league. If you make a mistake on a roster move and can correct it within this window, then we'll let it slide. However, if the player is claimed before you make the correction, even inside the 5 minute window, then the player is considered claimed.

As for the Ennis situation itself, it occurred before this rule was handed down so the Executive Committee's decision on that one will stand, with the site note that I must say the other execs were much nicer to Chicago than I likely would have been.

I'm sure I'm not explaining this clearly, so if anyone has any questions, feel free.

And yes, Dana Tyrell is on waivers.

Archived