The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Amazing Spider-Man Thread

Samk

From Wikipedia:

The film began shooting on December 6, 2010 in Los Angeles.[44][45] The film is the first Hollywood production to be filmed with the RED Epic camera, and is being shot in 3-D at 5K resolution.[45] The 90-day film shoot included two weeks in New York City, while the bulk of filming occurred in and around Los Angeles, including such locations as the Henry Fonda Theater in Hollywood, St. John Bosco High School's Gym, Immanuel Presbyterian Church in Mid-Wilshire, and various locations around South Pasadena, San Pedro, and Woodland Hills.[46]

So the storyline is partially set in Los Angeles? No? God bless Spiderman for jumping those 10-feet high building canyons in L.A.!

I'm pretty excited about the new Spiderman. The Lizard was always my favourite villain and I was disappointed Dylan Baker was never allowed to portray him.

I'm also pleasantly surprised with the darker feel that the Amazing Spiderman has; I had been worried that, due to Peter Parker still being in high school, the new films would be more, not less, juvenile.

Guest Voucer

It's a grainy image of a lizard-like figure. It's too grainy to analyze any details, so at this moment there's nothing to be surprised about.

• 2 weeks later...

Sony schedules 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' for May 2014.

Though audiences still have to wait until next July 3 for The Amazing Spider-Man to hit theaters, Sony is clearly very bullish on its reboot of the web-slinging franchise — so much so that they’ve already greenlit a sequel and staked out a release date of May 2, 2014 for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. “It speaks volumes about our confidence in what we are seeing on the new film and our desire to move quickly on the next installment,” says a studio source. No further information is available on the sequel at this point, though it seems safe to assume that the new Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield, will be back wearing the suit again. But hey, it’s never too early for fanboys to start lobbying for their favorite villains, so have at it: Who would you like to see Spider-Man square off against in the franchise’s next chapter?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm actually glad they did a remake, I loved the Spider-Man cartoons when I was younger, but found the movies pretty close to unwatchable. I'm a little biased though, I really just can't stand Toby Mcguire. This one looks way better, but we'll have to wait and see.

Archived