The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Official European Football (Soccer) Thread

If they upgraded on defense I could see them doing well... until then i think 5th is a realistic expectation of them.

I agree, 5th would be a great season for them and by upgrading their defence, not sure how, they are about to lose their best defender in Agger and Reina is nowhere near the keeper he was either. Best of luck to your lot next week, Scotland really really need Celtic to get through.

Speaking of Scotland, decent performance and result on Wednesday, Rhodes looks fantastic, I just hope he does not end up at Blackburn. They would ruin him. Back to Wednesday, I do not agree with division 3 players in the national team but the booing of Black is disgraceful

Can't believe what I'm watching right now... Ross County 1 - 0 Celtic! Sublime free kick from County's Brittain. :shock:

Hoops need a striker!

Reds v. Albion next. Been waiting since May for this one! Go, Reds!

Edit: Here comes Celtic's savior to score a pair with 26 to go... 18 year old Tony Watt!

:towel::canucks:

Edited by lof

I'll take a point after that performance.

Injuries are starting to pile up already.

Hoops really did deserve a point, Scottish. What to do about a striker?

At least your team got a point. Mine just got drubbed 3-0 by Albion. Good possession until Agger got sent off but posession doesn't mean much if you can't finish. Reds should have had 3 or 4 today. Just like last year, terrible strike rate.

Good possession until Agger got sent off but posession doesn't mean much if you can't finish. Reds should have had 3 or 4 today. Just like last year, terrible strike rate.

You clearly weren't at the game today. Liverpool were dreadful from start to finish, bar one 10minute spell, and Ben Foster had very little to do. Even without the deserved red, we'd have beaten you. And we definitely should have had 8-10 goals ourselves. We took it so easy on you after we went 3-0 up.

Boing Boing :)

Mine just got drubbed 3-0 by Albion. Good possession until Agger got sent off but posession doesn't mean much if you can't finish. Reds should have had 3 or 4 today. Just like last year, terrible strike rate.

You clearly weren't at the game today. Liverpool were dreadful from start to finish, bar one 10minute spell, and Ben Foster had very little to do. Even without the deserved red, we'd have beaten you. And we definitely should have had 8-10 goals ourselves. We took it so easy on you after we went 3-0 up.

Typical scouser, they watch different games to the rest of the world. Great start to the season and we have not even kicked a ball yet. Going to be a long long season on Merseyside!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Typical scouser, they watch different games to the rest of the world. Great start to the season and we have not even kicked a ball yet. Going to be a long long season on Merseyside!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we got DAT HISTORY :bigblush:

So we got DAT HISTORY :bigblush:

wouldnt swap our future for your history, our history is not too shabby either mind you.

I look forward to your "5 European Cups blah blah blah" reply

Come back when you have won 20 titles and knocked us off our perch

wouldnt swap our future for your history, our history is not too shabby either mind you.

I look forward to your "5 European Cups blah blah blah" reply

Come back when you have won 20 titles and knocked us off our perch

Enjoy your time at the top while it lasts. With the Glazers still in I would relish what you have now.

Enjoy your time at the top while it lasts. With the Glazers still in I would relish what you have now.

It doesn't mean anything though - United have, what, £700m of debt? West Brom have £2m, with £6m cash in the bank. I'd much rather support Albion in 20 years time than crash and burn as a United fan.

It doesn't mean anything though - United have, what, £700m of debt? West Brom have £2m, with £6m cash in the bank. I'd much rather support Albion in 20 years time than crash and burn as a United fan.

Manchester United are the biggest sports club in the world, they will never ever die, doesnt matter how much debt the media says the Glazers have.

How can you have £6m cash in the bank and be £2m in debt? Do you not own your little ground and players?

Your arguments remind me of the playground banter in primary school. "My brothers bigger than your brother" "Well, my Dad is bigger than your Dad and he kicked Rambo's arse" Grow up boys and come back when you have something to chirp about

Boing Boing

No. I wasn't at the game... clearly. I live in Dawson Creek, BC, dude. I did watch it from start to finish, though. Our footy coverage is awesome here. We get every EPL match every week. Lots of Champions League and Europa League, too.

Possession was 60-40 Reds at full time. Reds had even more before Agger was sent off. With that much possession, Liverpool still only managed 2 shots on goal. West Brom was clearly the better team, on the day. Very clearly.

Mr. Rogers has a lot of work to do for next week. I saw him at the Man City match today doing some scouting, I presume.

Edited by lof

Quality start by Hazard! quality link up with Mata in the middle, could potentially be a deadly midfield combo with the bang on passes. Peeved off with sitting back after Lamps put us up 2nil, but since I was jumping up and down with the victories over Barca and Bayern last night, can't complain too much.

So for those of you in BC, what channel, package, whatever do you use to watch this sport? Every time I try to catch a game on Sportsnet it's like Bolton vs. Newcastle or something, then the following week it's Sunderland vs. Norwich. There's zero consistency anymore, so it's hard to actually care about the results when the viewer isn't given a team to 'follow'

I haven't been able to follow any domestic league play for a while, and I'm getting desparate again. Last time this happened I followed one of PSG's seasons with French commentary, not understanding a word, but enjoying the product all the same.

Speaking of which, PSG just signed Ibrahimovic... ? Weird.

Edited by GLASSJAW

So for those of you in BC, what channel, package, whatever do you use to watch this sport? Every time I try to catch a game on Sportsnet it's like Bolton vs. Newcastle or something, then the following week it's Sunderland vs. Norwich. There's zero consistency anymore, so it's hard to actually care about the results when the viewer isn't given a team to 'follow'

I haven't been able to follow any domestic league play for a while, and I'm getting desparate again. Last time this happened I followed one of PSG's seasons with French commentary, not understanding a word, but enjoying the product all the same.

Speaking of which, PSG just signed Ibrahimovic... ? Weird.

I am a Shaw cable subscriber. Soccer is plastered all over my TV all the time!

I have Gol TV, SportsnetWorld (used to be Setanta), Sportsnet, TSN, TSN2, Sportsnet1 and TheScore.

I'm up at 5:30 every Saturday and Sunday to watch live footy.

Enjoy, GLASSJAW!